Chapter 1

"Ohmygosh, Emma! SLOW DOWN!!" I say as my best friend, Emma, took a Sharp turn onto hazel street. She has a red convertible with the roof down. My long brown hair Is going crazy in the wind.

"Well sorry, but I don't want us to be late! It's our first day of work. I was lucky enough to be able to get both of us a job at Applebee's and I don't want to ruin it." Emma says.

"Well maybe if you didn't take 2 hours to get ready, we wouldn't have this problem, and we live like 20 minutes away. Our shift start at 12. It's 11:30." I say with a slight smile.

"Hey, you're the one who-"

"Wait! Shut up!" I say as I turn the radio volume up a little louder. I hear Emma sigh.

"The new hottest band, 5 seconds of summer, Is having a contest. Want to win meet and greet tickets for two? Just call us at 556-2201 and tell us your favorite thing about 5 seconds of summer. We'll be accepting calls after the break." The radio announcer guy says.

"Brittany, we have to enter!" Emma says excitedly.

"You can, but there's no way I'm calling in"

"Fine." Emma says while she pulls out her phone and dials the number.

She gets put on hold for about 5 minutes while the radio guy answers calls.

"We will be accepting only a couple more calls," The guy says. Suddenly there's a voice coming through Emma's white iPhone.

"Oh my gosh, put it on speaker!" I say nervously.

"Hello, do you mind telling us your name?" The radio guys voice booms through the phone.

Emma lets out a nervous breath but answers anyway. "Hi, um.. My name'a Emma and I'm here with my friend, Brittany"

"Ok Emma and Brittany, what do you love most about 5 seconds of summer"?

"Well we could go on and on, but I think the thing we love most about them is their personalities. They're hilarious and care about their fans so much. The saying 'real bands save fans' really goes along with them"

"Good answer. Thank you! Please leave your contact information with the secretary I will direct you to and keep listening to find out the winner!'

Emma leaves her contact information with a girl who sounds like she's in her mid 20s.

We wait and wait for the calls to finally be over, which seems like forever, but was only about 5 minutes.

"All the answers were good.." the guy says.

I realize I'm shaking. I didn't realize how bad I wanted to win.

"But we could only choose one winner, and.... Emma Marin and Brittany Hastings you will be meeting 5 seconds of summer!" Oh my god. This is not happening

"We will email you the information soon. You will be flown out to New York City for back stage passes and a meet and greet! Congratulations"!

Emma lets out a squeal and I'm so happy and shocked I cant even think straight.

After they hang up, Emma is so excited she won't stop talking. I don't blame her. I'm beyond excited too.

We arrive at Applebee's. I look at my watch. 11:55. Good. We're 5 minutes early. I get out of the car and is taken back by how hot and humid it is outside. It feels like the air is suffocating me.

"I hate the heat so much, remind me again why my parents decided to move to California" I say. Emma gives me a sympathetic look. She doesn't mind the heat.

We walk in and I'm relieved by the gush of cold air. Thank god Applebee's is air conditioned.

Our trainers teach us the basics. But I can't stop thinking about 5sos.

I'm going to meet them.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Thank you for reading this first chapter! I really hope you like it. (: