Healing

He had no idea where her Mortal Realm home was, but he did know where their family estate was and knowing how very close they were to each other, he gathered her home would not be too far away.  

Overlooking the ocean, their estate was enormous.  It was divided into three homes and one large homestead and it was on his arrival that he felt her energy.  It was faint because she had drawn it in, yet left just enough to keep herself cool in the hot summer sun.

The entrance way to their estate was lined with lush trees and rich shrubs, it looked exactly how he imagined their Mortal Realm home would look like.  It was beautiful, rich with bird life and beautiful blooms that appeared randomly but caught the eye when they did.  

But the most surprising was the lack of a barrier.  Their Mortal Realm home was open to all, and as he walked the cobblestone path, he realized why.  The closer he got to the home, the soft sound of childrens laughter became clearer and as he rounded the corner they all came into view.

In the fruit trees that suddenly appeared to his right, were at least twelve Mortal children filling their small pails with as much fruit as they could carry and among them all was Bai Qian laughing at their antics as several of them swung from the branches.  Stopping, he watched on smiling as she jumped to catch hold of a leg, an arm or their clothing.  Swinging out of reach, the laughter increased and filled the entire area with their gaiety.  Smiling widely at the fun filled orchard as their laughter filled the air, Ye Huas mother suddenly came back him and the reason why she had shared her knowledge with the Fox Clan.

One day, they would have children of their own, children she would teach his mothers knowledge to and children they would play with together, fill their own home with laughter and fun.  She had never looked more beautiful to him as she did then, her face was flushed with laughter, her eyes were bright and glistening but even though he could feel pain in her eyes,  she had also momentarily let the battle go, so the children could enjoy a short moment of fun.

But it wasn't too long before she became aware of his energy, he had not closed down.  Turning towards him, the wide smile suddenly began to disappear from her face until sadness took over.  Around her the children had not noticed his presence, but as he walked towards her, the laughter soon died when they realized she was no longer playing with them.

"Qian Qian." he said smiling at her and increasing the frown on her forehead.

"Ye Hua, what brings you here?" she asked as the children dropped from the trees to gather up their pails of fruit.

"Gu Gu, who is he?" One of the little girls asked looking at him with a frown of her own.

Looking down at the child, Ye Hua smiled at her before looking directly at Bai Qian. "I am her fiance." he answered keeping his eyes on hers.

Jumping up and down, the children began to crowd around her, effectively blocking him out.

"Gu Gu, you're getting married?" they all chanted as one.

With his eyes still on hers, Ye Hua took a step closer.  "Yes she is." he replied, to more laughter and squeals, while Bai Qian flushed bright red.

Not once did her eyes leave his.  He could see so many emotions running through them but the one emotion he honed in on saddened him.  She had thought he had rejected her, it was plainly obvious and it was the reason why she had left the den.  He could also see the tears in her eyes as a look of regret passed through them along with guilt and hopelessness.

Realizing it was now time to leave, the children gave her a hug for the fruit, the only payment she ever asked of them.  They belonged to a nearby village, and they visited once a month for the fruit which was why there was never a barrier, she allowed the children access to her orchards whenever they wanted, so long as they did not damage the trees.