Breathe Calmly

I walk home and I'm second guessing myself.

What if mum doesn't want me in the house? What if she starts full on yelling at me again like she did last night?

Breathe Elena, breathe.

I walk slowly to my house, purposely taking my time. Yeah, I always do this and mum doesn't even care.

I get back to my place at, 4:30pm. I take one deep breathe in and unlock the door and open it.

"Mum I'm home!" I call out. I close the door behind me and I drop my bag in my room.

"Mum?" I call out again.

Okay so I'm getting a little worried now. What if she isn't home yet? She's always home when I come home.

I look every where in the house but still no sign of mum.

"Oh no shit." I say to myself as a sit on the couch. "Of course she's working back."

I grab the remote and channel surf. Yeah I do this all the time. Dad and I always used to do 'channel surfing' and it always pissed mum off.

My mum works back because; whenever she yells at me or we both have a fight, she wants to stay away from me as much as possible.

I turn off the tv because nothing is really on.

I get up and look around. I look at the clock and sigh.

It's 6:50pm and I'm hungry. So I decide to make myself dinner. I can cook a lot of things now since I have to do a lot on my own. I make myself a bacon and egg roll with some carrots and potatoes on the side.

I boil the potatoes, chop the carrots. Sizzle the bacon on the pan and the eggs I do last, on the pan.

I finish everything and I sit down at the table and eat my dinner. As soon as I get up with an empty plate my mum walks in.

"Hello." I say to mum. She doesn't answer me. But she answers me with this, "why on earth did you make such a mess?"

"Mum you stayed back at work so, I had to have something to eat." I tell her.

"Don't think of doing that again Elena. Because next time-"

"Mum I've had enough with you saying crap." I half yell at her. My mum turns around and looks at me. "Like what?" She questions me.

I take a deep breathe. Stay calm Elena, stay calm.

"I'm fed up with you saying I'm not worth the time and space of this world! Saying that I can't handle myself because dads gone. Well guess what mum, I can handle myself and I'm fed up with you not seeing it!" I explain to her.

My mum slaps me across the face, sending a sizzling pain to my left cheek, up to my forehead.

"You are a waste of space! I wish I never had a child like you!" She screams at me. Tears run down my face cooling my slap pain.

"Well why the hell are you still standing here screaming your heart out to me!" I scream at her at the top of my lungs. I run to my room and lock the door. I sit on my bed and burst into tears.

I wish I had Chris here.

At that moment my phone buzzes. I get up inertly and see its a text message from Chris. I smile a little an grab my phone. I unlock it and see the text.

Elena you alright? Hey if you don't want to be at your place my mum said its okay for you to stay for a week. -Chris

I'm so happy right now. I just have to text him back.

Chris, I'm not okay. I told my mum I hated her saying I was a waste of space and I wasn't worth it. Yeah I'll come to your place tomorrow after school. I'll pack my bag now. -Elena

I send that and I put my phone on charge.

I grab my bag and put a weeks worth of cloths in.

I'm so, so glad Chris sent me that text. You know, his life might be a little worst than mine but, he has his feelings and everything under-control. Where, I don't.

My mum knocks on the door.

"Elena, baby....I-I'm sorry it's just that...I had to do work for 12 hours today and I'm really tired. Baby girl, please forgive me."

I unlock and open my door.

"Well you say this all the time mum. Why don't you have a day off or something? Rather than having every single day of work?" I tell her. My mums eyes are really red so, she has been crying too.

"Elena I'm really sorry." She says again.

"Mum don't worry. I'm going to Chris's place for a week tomorrow okay? We can have some time apart." I tell her. I hug her and she kisses my forehead. She pulls back and she walks away to the kitchen.

I walk back into my room and close the door.

My phone buzzes again and it's from Buddy.

Hey hey Elena! So you going to Chris's house tomorrow hey? Well have fun there Elena because guess what?! I'm gonna be there too! -Buddy

I laugh at this. Buddy always tries to make me smile. I text him back by saying,

Buddy -_- . Yeah I'm going to Chris's house tomorrow. I'll see you there then -Elena.

I flop onto my bed and I yawn. Today was a bad day. My mum yelling at me. Miss Toad being annoying once again. Popular girls being bitches. Yup a great day it has been. (Again...sarcasm)

I close my eyes and fall to sleep.

Now tomorrow has to be a good day.