•1•

[SEUNGMIN]

We've been learning this from kindergarten, the fact that a red string, only visible to you and your soulmate, connects them to you. Some lucky ones have their soulmates right next to them from the beginning. Others ,though, might have them living across the world. But mine is a case more worse than that.

"Ms. Yoo...I-I don't have one."

I regretted announcing that in front of the whole class.

From that day onwards, all I got was mocks and jeers. It didn't take long for them to supress which wasn't a problem. But there still were a few kids who kept it going.

"hey I heard that Seungmin doesn't have a red string. Does that mean he'll die lonely?" then the rest of them started laughing, making sure I heard them.

"Hey, you all...yes you, dimwits right there. It'll be better if you shut your mouths." a boy who looked older than me yelled at the group of boys. They simply walked away.

"Th-Thank you", I managed to stutter out.

"Don't worry about that. I'm Chan." He said in a friendly manner.

"I'm-I'm Seungmin"

"If they ever bother you again, just come to me. My friends and I will take care of them." Chan said with the friendliest smile on his face. It made me want to smile too.

It turns out Chan had a lot of friends and he introduced me to all of them. Elementary school didn't feel lonely after that.

The only problem was that they all had soulmates and would discuss them often while I just stood listening to them.