Ginger Snaps

Sure enough, I'm just hanging up my apron in the back room when I feel like I'm being watched. "You have got to be the most punctual guy I've ever met!" I pull my hoodie from my locker and turn to see a wall of... blue?

Smiling this much can't be good for you. One person can not make you feel this happy, can they? I wouldn't really know and I don't want to question the why and how of my new found happy fountain. This time, he's made me smile by changing all of his clothes to match mine. His teal shirt, Navy pants, and Cyan Chuckies mirror mine. The only difference is my chain belt is his silver suspenders!

My internal squeal cannot be contained and I do a little hop, "I love suspenders!" I head for the door, excited to show my muse the art he inspired, I snag him by the suspenders and wave an enthusiastic hand in farewell to Nick. I don't even flip him off when he wolf whistles at us.

I'm stopped suddenly and pulled back a couple steps. My eyes blink in wonder as my brain tries to process the fact that Ari is putting my hoodie on me. I'm momentarily blinded by my mass of curls and can't help the childish stare I give him when he's in front of me and straightening out my hood.

"Remi?" My peacefully blank face splits into a grin when his voice pulls me from my stupor. I blink once and grab his hand, practically dragging him up the block to my loft. In mere minutes we're in the building and thumping up the stairs. The seconds seem to take forever as I slid the key into the lock and turn the deadbolt, the door slides open too slow but not slow enough at the same time.

What if he thinks this is creepy? What if he hates what he inspired? I could handle the first one, I've always been a bit weird and I'm definitely not what people would call an extrovert. I just know that I would be devastated if he hated everything I made in the explosion of ideas he gave me. I feel his hand rest on mine and give it a gentle squeeze.

I calm my thoughts with a deep breath and slid the door open the rest of the way. I gently take his hand and lead him into my land of chaos. I slid the door closed behind him, he's rooted to the floor, I feel my eyes water as I take in the expression on his face.

"You made all of these last night?" I nod excitedly at him, my bottom lip held firmly between my teeth so I don't do something completely embarrassing. "God Remi, I... I never knew there were so many shades of blue!"

He turns to me, "If I could paint like this, see all of these ideas in just one colour..." He looks back at one picture, in particular, it was the first one I did, I couldn't stop myself. I made this one just for me, I wanted to always have a reminder of his eyes.

He tugs on my hand, I didn't even realize that we were still holding hands. He pulls me closer and closer and then he's wrapping his arms around me in a hug so warm and filled with emotion that I feel like I could fall asleep right here, right now.

"I'm not an artist like you are but I do make art of the edible variety." I snort at his odd subject, "I just wanted you to know that you inspired me to start baking again." I know the smile on my face is telling him how odd I think this train of sentences is lining up but I don't want to stop him. His smile gets even bigger and very sheepish, "I made ten batches of ginger snaps without even realizing it last night. That's what you make me think of."