Chapter One: Artica's Letter

Clara's Blog

I found this in my house:

Artica Resin

327 Queen's Rendering

Threlkeld, England

November 26th, 1948

Amara Brownlow

893 Victoria St.

Halifax, England

Dear Amara,

The day of Auntie Terra's funeral was most interesting. Moom, Gavy, and I went in one carriage, dressed in black funeral clothes while Dann, Daniella, Pa, and your dearest Tarquis went in a newest automobile Grandpa G. R. bought. They all wore suits, despite the fact Daniella was a girl.

All of us, the Resins, lined up in front of Auntie Terra's coffin. One by one we went to pay our respects to Auntie. I sung a hymn for her. Gaverna was last. She was splendid is a gown of black with shining jewels, with a beauty hardly imaginable-by our poor family, of course. She was a favorite of Aunt Terra. You do know that Terra was quite strange and we all believed her to be an eccentic. You must know why Auntie favors her so much. Gavy was one out of many to believe Auntie was worthwhile. Auntie Terra was most delighted with Gavy and it was obvious Gavy would inherit Auntie's fortune of money. Remember when you visited, Faun tried to make friends with Auntie? Yes.

When Gaverna went to the podium, she opened the coffin. There was silence for a while, and then Aunt Terra rose from her coffin. All of us gasped. She uttered one sentence, "What do you command, my niece?"

Moom recognized a necromancer when she saw one. Obviously, Gavy was one. I pleaded to Moom to let her live normally until they had evidence. She claimed Auntie Terra rising was it, but Auntie Terra was down again and no one would support Moom's supersitions.

That night, Gavy confronted me. She said I did a good thing convincing Moom not to arrest her, and she also confirmed she was a necromancer. She said that when they finally gathered evidence, she would run and would I like to come with her?

Of course I said yes, Amara. Of course. I hope this letter gets to you, because, things have worsened. Moom 's holding Gaverna's trial tomorrow, and if she goes to it, I do not believe she will come back. We are going tonight. Pray for me, Amara. I hope I see you again.

Sincerely,

Artica Resin

Strange, isn't it?

This ends today's entry.

     "Really, Clara?" Celeste said, glaring at the screen. Her older, dictatorial sister had posted on her blog what she, Celeste Lewrence, had found with her best friend Roe. The letter told of how Pavar Gavena became who she was. Pavar Gavena, the infamous necromancer who rose an army and establish herself as leader of magical community.  Luckily, Dani Harold defeated her and now, Pavar has gone into hiding. There are many awards on her head. 

     Though it was modern times, the Lewerences were magic folk. Her parents were both magic, and she does show some signs, but Clara is a no-no. Roe is also one, like Clara, except probably much, much more intelligent. Clara spent her days marching about the house and calling her friends. No one could pull the phone away from her once she began.