Real Life.

Chris pushed the door shut, I kept my eyes out the window.

He just stood behind me.

"Brooklyn." His cracking voice broke the silence of my room.

"Two months ago, I looked you in the eyes at a bar and told you that you were the best looking thing to have ever walked into my life. Now I am standing here questioning everything about my life."

"Brooklyn." He stepped toward me.

I held my hand up to stop him.

"Brooklyn." His voice cracked again.

"You told me that morning, that I was like nothing you have ever had. You promised me that if we ever crossed paths again that something would happen. That this wouldn't be a crazy thing."

Chris's bottom lip was shaking.

"You come over at random times, you barely stay for 3 hours."

"You are not that girl, don't even say it."

"You treat me like a booty call."

The word slapped him across the face.

"I mean how do you just get up and walk out? How do you just walk out on me?"

"I have never walked out on you!"

"Oh really, then tell me why I am left to wonder when I will ever hear back from you?"

"That isn't fair."

"I called you the other night, you ignored my call then texted me. You told me you were busy and you would call me back. That I shouldn't call you like that."

"I was in the middle of a meeting with Marvel."

"How was I to know? You keep things from me! You know so much about me and I barely know anything about you."

"You know what you need to know about me."

"Like your favorite color or favorite song?"

"Brooklyn..."

"We are nothing but fuck buddies."

"No we are not."

"Really? You already seen like you wanna leave. Like I gave you too much to think about."

"That isn't the point."

"Look me in the eyes and tell me you don't want to leave."

Chris squared up with me.

"Say it." I pushed back at him.

He went silent.

"Just fucking say it!"

"I am not with anyone else!"

I felt it in my throat, "Then why?"

Chris's palm touched my cheek, "I see you, I see you Brooklyn."

My chest got heavy.

"I never regret that night. I never regret that night falling in love with you."

I closed my eyes against his hand.

"You looked at me and saw me as this over sized idiot. You didn't see my character, you didn't see something else about me. You just saw me."

That night. Everything about that night came back.

"I told you to trust me that night. I told you to just take my hand and follow me."

I looked him back in the eyes.

"I told you that night and I will tell you now. I will never leave you."