Chapter One

*****DISCLAIMER: I own none of the TFIOS characters, just the baby. The rest belong to John Green*******

Chapter One 

Positive

"Why did you even need me to come with you anyway?" Isaac asked as i tore off the box that held the test.

"Because i need someone to gaurd the door," I lied, positioning him in front of the gas station bathroom door, "Just stay here and don't move."

"Alright. Goodluck," Isaac said, and he wasn't being sarcastic for once.

I nodded to Isaac, even though he couldn't see me, before closing the bathroom door and gagging at the smell. I hauled Philip, my oxygen tank, over to the toilet and... you know... Okay, i peed on the stick, there's no other way to say it!

Ever since Gus died, i've been getting sick and putting on weight, and finally Isaac suggested i could be pregnant, so here i am. Sitting alone, on the nasty floor of a gas station bathroom, staring at the test that had just flashed a plus sign.

Positive.

It was positive.

I'm pregnant.

Oh. My. God. 

How was this happening? What would happen to the baby? Would it kill me because i'm too weak to have a baby? What would mom and dad say?! Gus. My Gus, the father, was dead.

It was then that i started crying. Not just little tears though, my face was soaked with tears and i was making awful choking noises. I tried to smother them, but the more i thought about it, the more i cried.

I could see Gus everywhere, i could picture him here beside me, his arms around me telling me it would be okay, that he would make everything okay. 

But he wouldn't. He couldn't. He's dead, and i'm alive. Stuck with his child growing inside me while i slowly died.

"Why did you have to die?!" I whispered, pulling my hair. I felt so much emotion i didn't know what to do. My chest felt tight, and i couldn't cry enough tears.

My heart literally hurt. it hurt so bad i wanted to scream, cry, die, throw up, and kick something all at once, but most of all, i wanted Gus. 

My Augustus, who lay buried in some depressing graveyard because of this horrible monster we call cancer, and now i was alone. 

Well not completely alone. I had Isaac,

"Hazel?" Isaac called from outside of the door.

"Yeah?" I called back, trying to make it sound like i had not been crying.

"Are you crying?" 

"No,"

"Hazel." 

"Maybe."

"Haze, come out here," Isaac said, and i did what he said.

"Wh-Where are you?" Isaac asked, flailing his arms trying to find me, making me giggle.

"Right here," I said, hugging him tightly. Sine Gus died, Isaac and i had become really close, like brother-sister close.

"It'll be okay," Isaac said as i sobbed into his shoulder.

"No it won't. Gus is dead. I'm dying. This baby will have to die t-t-too!" I sobbed, and i knew Isaac was getting choked up too at the mention of Gus. We kind of had an unspoken agreement to never speak of Gus.

"Shh, no, the baby won't die and neither will you. You're not honestly thinking of leaving me all alone here, are you?" Isaac tried to laugh but it came out as a sob.

"Isaac, you can't stop me from dying. Unless you have some magic potion that cures cancer, don't tell me i'm not going to die. It'll only give me false hope, which is worse than facing the problem now," I ranted.

"Well i know you, and you aren't going to let this baby die with you, so i guess you're just going to have to tell your lungs to keep it together for nine more months," Isaac shrugged, and i shook my head as a small laugh slipped out through the tears.

"Well i might die in about twenty minutes," I said, wiping my cheeks.

"Why?" Isaac asked, sounded worried.

"I have to tell my parents."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guyyyyyssss!

I got bored and this morning i came up with this idea while thinking about how TFIOS ended.

Let me know what you think below, or hit the star above to vote!

Don't forget to follow me for a follow back.

Thanks for reading, and stick around!

Love you all!

-Purpleratflower