The random baby

Thor had had another triumph for Asgard, even though the world had been destroyed. His sister, Hela was no more and his people would find another planet to rebuild their kingdom on. Thor was in his room, trying to decide where Asgard would be rebuilt, when Loki called to him, "Brother!". 

"What Loki?" Thor didn't want to get up from his star maps to talk to his mischievous brother. "Thor, this is really something you should deal with. How blind are you?" Loki's voice was panicked which wasn't normal. Thor redundantly got up and put his hand on Loki's back, "What is it-" Thor was bewildered.

There was a baby set on his bed, far too young to have come in on its own. The door was locked anyway. "Loki, this isn't funny, where did you get the child?" Loki was beside himself that Thor thought he stole the child. "I didn't do it! Do you really think so low of me?" Thor picked the baby off his bed. "I actually do." It made some sense Thor didn't trust him. 

The child cuddles into his arms. "What do we do with it!?" Loki quickly responded, "Her." Loki didn't know how, but he knew the baby was a girl. "How do you now? You did bring her here!" Loki quietly growled. "I can just tell! I didn't bring her here!" The baby whined, "She doesn't like us arguing." Loki said softly. "Can you read her mind?!" Thor suddenly freaked out. "No!" The baby cried again. 

Loki stole the child away from Thor. "Loki, do not hurt the child." Thor slowly moved towards Loki, carefully reaching for the child. "I'm not going to, Oaf." The baby cooed as Loki rocked her. "She likes me more anyway." Loki smiled. Thor growled quietly, "You don't know that." Thor crossed his arms like a child.

Loki turned to face the window, a large ship pulled up behind them. "Thor? Is that one of your Midgardian friends?" Loki asked quietly. Thor shook his head quickly. There was a sudden blast from the ship ahead.