Chapter 4

Another busy day for our club and just like the usual, everyone has different assigned tasks to finish.

It's my break and so far I ain't enjoying the view of him and Aica together.

I'm jealous, there's no point in denying it. I know that I don't have the rights, but my senses are completely telling me that I should stop looking at them in order for me to prevent myself from getting hurt, but I guess being a masochist is in my blood.

It took them a couple of minutes before finally breaking apart and somehow I felt relieved. I took a glance at my watch and gladly I still have some time.

I reached for my phone and hid at the corner where no one could see me as I started dialing his number.

"Ai," here goes the feeling of cloud nine every time he'll call me by my name.

I stared at him from afar as he entered the council's room, and through the place I'm currently standing at, it was enough for me to see what he's doing inside.

"Busy?" I plainly asked, still staring at him while he's starting to do his work on his desktop. I saw how his brows furrowed and started looking around again, but I know he'll never see me.

"Where are you?" he asked. I smiled and stared at him looking frustrated.

"Cheer up, Beat, you'll look ugly if you'll continue frowning." I teased just to ease the tension between us.

I bit my lip and bowed my head, remembering the reason why I called him.

"Beat," I weakly called. I heard him hum as if telling me to continue what I was about to say. "Please do me a favor," I said.

"Close your eyes and don't open it unless I tell you so," his expression turned confused but eventually did what I requested.

I sighed and made sure that nobody's walking or staying near the council's office before I walked towards the place.

"Don't open your eyes," I argued when I noticed that he was about to open it after hearing the door creaking.

A faint smile crept on my face when I saw him sitting in front of me, clueless about my existence. I walked closer and gently placed my hand on his eyes, securely covering them, as I started to sing the hurt that I've been feeling inside my chest.

"Jealous of the one whose arms are around you, if she's keeping you satisfied," I could feel myself choking on every word. "Jealous of the one who finally found you, made your sun and your stars collide," my voice cracked as I started sobbing, but I still continued singing the song, humming on the melody.

"She's a very, very lucky girl." but I failed. I started sobbing, breaking down, in front of him but I didn't remove my hands on his eyes.

I know that he's surprised, could be an understatement, I know that he didn't expect that he'll encounter me like this, at all. And the fact that I'm breaking down right in front of him.

"Ai...?" He was hesitant when he uttered my name, seeming to be careful, or probably making sure that it was really me.

"I'm so sorry that you have to find this side of me," I sobbed. "I'm sorry that I wasn't brave enough," I rested my head on top of his as I gently wrapped my hands around him, savoring the moment.

"I want to see you..." he weakly uttered, evident that he was fighting to break free from what I requested, it was as if he's also getting hurt.

"You can't, Beat, you know that you can't," I pointed out, continuously crying in front of him as my hug went tighter as if I didn't want to let him go.

"I know that I don't have the right, Beat," I said, my voice almost fading. "But why am I hurting when I see you with her?" I smiled weakly, before removing my hand that covers his eyes.

"Please don't," I said, stopping him when he was about to open his eyes.

And before he could find out who's the person behind his year-long caller, I already left the room.

I stared at my phone and found out that the line was still ongoing.

I placed it on my ears as I weakly uttered, "You can now open your eyes, Beat."