Chapter 11

"Why were you so afraid?" he asked, staring directly at me, I looked away when he suddenly held my hands. "What keeps you away from me?"

I sighed and and shook my head for the nth time, he gently squeezed my hands making me glance at him then I heard him sigh.

"You won't understand, Beat, it's all too complicated." I explained.

I bit my lip as I finally realize the mess that I just caused.

Both of us are inside the recording room. I was forced to go with him because I couldn't just disobey the club president, and he reasoned that we will be recording for the musicale. And... He wanted to talk to me.

As much as I want to avoid him, he has complete control over me and it's driving me insane.

He let go of my hand and stood up from his seat. I thought that he'll leave but I was shocked when he played a familiar instrumental tune as he made his way on the recording.

"Trust the one who's been where you are wishing all it was, was sticks and stones," his words were blurry for me, my mind couldn't seem to function well and I can't even think what he's actually trying to say.

"Those words cut deep but they don't mean you're all alone and you're not invisible," then it finally sank in.

A mere thought of Rai flashed on my mind, her endless cheers and frustrated rants over me whenever I'm messing up.

"Hear me out, there's so much more to life than what you're feeling now," eventually her face showed up, her face that's been haunting me since the day that I admitted to myself that I'm slowly falling for him, for Beat.

"Someday you'll look back on all these days, and all this pain is gonna be invisible." and now I felt a pang of pain inside my chest after hearing those words.

Could it be real? That this pain will all be gone?

My eyes start tearing up, my emotions are piling and I can't seem to understand how painful this was for me.

It's harder than I thought, it's all intolerable than what I am expecting.