Four

It only took a few hours before Kaia cracked and spilled her entire history with Zach to Cami along with all of the details of their call; this somehow led to Kaia sitting on the floor between Damien and Cami in their makeshift fort, surrounded by candy wrappers and tubs of ice cream.

"So you and Zach were faking dating, meanwhile you're in love then he's an asshole who goes MIA. You like this guy why?" Cami asked stirring her spoon in her tub of Strawberry ice cream.

"Because one incident doesn't sum up who he is. Yes he's the guy who left, but he's also the guy wo pretended to be my boyfriend to get another guy to back off, the one who protected me at the beach despite not knowing everything, and he's always been my best friend. He's a great guy, which is why I want to forgive him, but I can't get hurt again." Kaia explained, digging into the container of mint chocolate ice cream in her lap.

Even with her anger towards him, she couldn't let Cami drag him down because he was and still is a good guy and she does care about him, there's a part of her that always will despite whatever happens between them. She couldn't quite find the right words to explain her feeling for him, and she knew that her friends would never quite get it because they didn't see the late night Skype calls, the road trips, or even the mundane moments that he somehow made memorable.

Before either of them could respond, Kaia's phone was ringing causing her to freeze in place. She was terrified that it was Zach, but once she picked it up to see Daniel's contact name she was slightly disappointed.

With a sigh, she pushed the phone up to her ear and mumbled through the ice cream in her mouth, "hello?"

"Are you okay? I heard Zach talked to you today." He explained. She could hear shuffling in the background and the concern in his voice. She couldn't decide if it bothered her that he hold the guys about the call; of course she knew that they were friends with him first but Daniel and her were still close and she couldn't help but feel like they were judging her together.

"What do you think?" She muttered; to most people it would come off as rude, but he could practically feel the pain imbedded in her voice.

It was obvious to him that she still loved Zach, and he knew for a fact that Zach still loved her. It killed him to see two of his friends in so much pain, and it hurt him even more knowing he couldn't do anything about it.

Camilla looked at her in confusion trying to figure out who was calling her, which Kaia responded to by mouthing his name.

"Look Kai, I know you and I know you miss him and he misses you. I know he hurt you but please just let him explain before you push him away completely." Daniel begged his voice laced with concern and she just knew he had those stupid puppy dog eyes she hated.

"Why does it matter if I push him away? He can go run back to Angelina, god knows he already replaced me with her." Kaia snapped; she knew Daniel was probably right but she needed time. Zach hurt her and she couldn't be expected to just let him back in right away.

"Kaia he's not with her, they're just friends. Trust me he loves you." He responded but he knew it was in vain. She had been done listening from the minute he mentioned Zach.

"Whatever Daniel. I should go." She muttered and ended the call in an instant before turning back to her friends.

"We are turning off your phone because boys suck – no offense Damien." Cami said, grabbing the phone from Kaia's hand and shutting it off before putting it to the side.

"I fully agree. Just exterminate my kind please." Damien responded in hopes of lightening the mood; when Kaia's lips formed a small smile he knew he succeeded.