Chapter 17

DANIEL THE GIRAFFE

"Her daddy taught him how to fix cars, maybe he could fix me."

"So where are we going," Zach asked as he laid on my bed. Today I'm taking him on a date.

"That's a surprise, cutie," I replied from the bathroom. I had just finished getting ready and decided that Zach wouldn't care what I wore. So I just wore a T-shirt and some jeans.

Finishing up, I look in the mirror and bite my lip. I look ok I guess my hair didn't want to cooperate so I just gave up and decided to wear a hat. Right now, there are butterflies in my stomach as the moment I've been waiting for is finally here. Hip-Hip. Hooray. My brain screams at me.

"I'm ready," I speak opening the bathroom door. I grab the bag sitting on my bed and Zach's hand. His smaller hand soft in mine. But Zach just sits there with a confused expression.

"Is something wrong?" I asked furrowing my eyebrows.

He bites his lip,"is that what you're wearing?" This question confuses me, does he not like what I'm wearing? I thought he didn't care about what I did or wore.

"Yeah. Why?" I let go of his hand.

"It's just I kinda wanted you to wear....," he trails off looking at my carpet. I know what he wants. He wants crop tops and short skirts.

I've should of said, bitch I wear whatever the fuck I want. But what comes out, "Fine I'll change just for you." I winked at him causing him to smile.

Going into my closet, I look through my clothes. As I think what to wear my heart breaks a little. Zach doesn't like the real me. I'm so dumb that everything would finally work out. That's the only reason why he really noticed me, because dressing like a trust fund baby made me look hot. But I'm so not.

Once I'm done changing, to a crop top and some high waisted shorts, I wiped the tear that slipped. I need to stop pitying myself and overthinking things. Zach likes me. He even said so.

I put on a smile and grab Zach's hand, "lets go, cutie." We walk out the room together.

Once we're in my car. That sexy Mustang my daddy bought.  I start to drive down the road and Zach interlocks our fingers together over the console. I look over and smile.

"So can you tell me where we're going now," he tries to make me confess. Looking ahead at the road, I chuckle to myself.

"Zach, you will find out when we get there. Now please stop asking me because it's gonna be a long drive," I plead as he just huffs and let's go of my hand. He cross his arms and looks out the window.

Awww poor baby. Meh he will have to get over it but I do frown looking at him and his stubborn self. His hand felt so comforting and brought a since of warmth. Sighing I turn on the radio to fill the silence. As music plays, I focus on the road.

***

Click.

I look at Zach to see him have his camera. Raising an eyebrow I question, "what are you doing?"

"Just capturing the moment. Like I always do." He giggles a little. Aww how cute.

"Oh I remember how you use to do it all the time." I reminisce old memories. Then I get the image of Zach taking pictures of Jack. My jaw tightens just a tad but Zach's here now with me so it's all good I guess.

"Eww this music is so annoying," Zach complains as we hear the same song for the third time in the past hour as we are currently driving through the middle of nowhere. Good thing we're almost there, anther thirty minutes at tops.