Introduction + Testimony

They say my generation is the worst.

They say my generation is wild.

They say my generation is hopeless.

Sadly, some of the things they claim are right. The amount of conformity to this world has greatly increased throughout the years. Some have thrown away the principle of honor. Rebellion to parents is viewed as maturity in the name of freedom and self-happiness. Pre-marital sex is normalized among teenagers. Cursing is equated to self-expression. Having faith in Christ has become a subject of mockery and ridicule to some. The entertainment industry normalized putting the Name of Jesus in vain, which some teenagers find cool.

In this day where sin has become rampant, Christians must stand up not for what the society deems is right–but for the Truth. Throughout the years, deception has been lurking in the minds of young people. It is as if our minds have been programmed to chase after the things of this world. Success, busyness, happiness–we were taught these are the things that would fulfill us. If we work hard enough and pursue our dreams–we can finally be happy. Never mind the Bible. Never mind the Kingdom of God. We have become too self-centered that we forget our Creator.

Please do not hear what I'm not saying. Of course, there's nothing wrong with hard work and pursuing your dreams (given that it is not sinful). What's heartbreaking is the fact that our generation was trained to invest in earthly things, rather than that eternal. We have lost sight of what's really valuable and everlasting. We are too fixated on earthly treasures that equate to zero value when we get to the other side of eternity.

I myself, once thought life is just like that. Akala ko gan'un lang ang takbo ng buhay.

Mabuhay. Mag-aral. Makapagtapos. Makapagtrabaho. Magkapera. Magkapamilya. Tumulong sa kapwa. Tumanda. Mamatay.

Isn't it a sad reality if we were only existing to live for this repetitive pattern?

My entire life, I thought I was already pursuing God. For someone who has grown up in an environment of religious people, I thought I can earn my way up to Heaven just by going to church on Sundays (which rarely happens 'cause I just show up 'pag Holy Week na).

My reasoning was "nagdadasal naman ako", "naniniwala naman ako kay Jesus", "hindi naman ako murderer o atheist". The funny thing, when something bad suddenly happens, like biglang lumindol, napapa-pray agad ako na sana sa langit ako pumunta!

You see, I wasn't confident where I'll be headed after I die. Do you know why? Because no one told me about Jesus–when I say Jesus, I mean the real Jesus.

No one told me about the Jesus who yearns for a personal relationship with me. No one told me that the finished work of the Cross was already enough to pay for the penalty of my sins. No one told me that the purpose of my existence is to fulfill the Great Commission. Akala ko kasi maging successful lang. Akala ko kasi abutin lang ang pangarap. Akala ko kasi matulungan lang ang pamilya.

Akala ko lang pala 'yun.

Year 2015, I was fifteen years old, we had to move to Cavite. I was from Zamboanga City. Kaya n'ung lumipat kami, I had to make major adjustments. It was extra challenging for me hindi lang dahil sa new environment, new people or new culture.

Moving was hard because I had Social Anxiety.

What's even worst is hindi pa ako aware n'un na may Social Anxiety ako. Ang alam ko lang mahiyain ako at introvert. Wala namang nagsabi sa akin na hindi pala normal 'yung nagtatago ka sa mga tao. No one told me it wasn't normal to feel nauseous around people. All I thought I was just a shy person na may attitude problem kasi hindi ako mahilig makipag-socialize.