Chapter 7: The Secrets You Keep

The following morning consisted of nothing but awkwardness and uncomfortable silence. Miguel had slept most of the morning away and Toni stayed until noon before she had to head home. I didn't know how to tell Miguel about the strip club, let alone that I was even considering it...I mean what can I say, I am desperate and need the cash.

"I just don't know what to do half the time," I said rubbing Miguel's dark tussle of hair. I went over my options in my head trying to think about what else I could do. Maybe I didn't have to strip exactly. I just couldn't think about putting my body on display like that...in front of a bunch of strangers.

Miguel's loud snoring knocked me out of my trance as I shook him to wake him up, "You've slept long enough. C'mon Miguel wake up," grumbling all the while, Miguel finally resurrected from his slumber into a bitch-faced embodiment of himself. For a moment all we did was stare at each other. No words exchanged, no movement. I sighed heavily as I readjusted mys position on the couch.

"Whats going on? Is everything okay?"

"What would make you think things aren't okay?"

"'Cos your eyebrows are scrunched and you look tense as hell," relaxing my face I took a deep breath. Honestly my mind had been made up since Toni left