Here We Go

My name is Benjamin Moon. I'm turning eighteen this year, yet I've been kept back in grade seven once. So, this year I'm gonna be in eleventh grade instead of twelfth.

I'm currently helping my mom carry the boxes from the car into our new home

"Oh sweetie! Don't carry the heavy boxes! I'll ask the movers to help when they bring the rest of our stuff tomorrow!"

I roll my eyes and turn to her with a small smile.

"Sure thing, mom."

"You are such a sweetheart."

I place the last box in the hallway. The house was a two story with a kitchen connected to the dining room and living room. My mom already told me I'd be getting the room upstairs being that I quote, I'm a big boy now.

My mother is really embarrassing and annoying. I feel sorry for her though.

"Hey mom. Can I go up to my room and start getting ready for school tomorrow?"

"Yes, of course."

I gave her a hug and bolted up to my room. When I opened the door I'm met with the sight of a single window opposite me. I have a double single bed to my left and my bathroom door to the right.

I checked the four boxes that was at the foot of my bed.

The first box had all my school supplies. The second box I found some of my clothes and shoes. The third box had all my reading books.

To be honest, I am a huge reader and I tend to write my own songs. My mother though makes it very difficult since she's constantly asking me to take out garbage or get something from a high shelf.

After I packed my clothes and shoes into a drawer and placed my books into neat piles on a small desk by the window, I moved the fourth box under my bed.

- - timeskip - -

"So honey, how are you feeling about school tomorrow?"

My mom asked me while dishing dinner. As usual she had prepared way too much food and we'll have leftovers. My mother never reduced the amount of food she made even after my father died.

"Yeah sure, I can't wait to get there."

"I think you will like it. Just remember don't mix with the wrong people. Be smart, be wonderful and show those kids that you are amazing."

"Yeah sure mom."

"Do you think there will be any pretty girls?"

I dropped my fork and held my head in my hands.

"Mom!"

"If you like a girl don't be ashamed to show that you are a sweet and kind person."

"Okay, mom. Can I please just go to my room? I want to get some sleep in. I'm waking up early to sort out my room."

"Okay dear."

I headed up the stairs and hopped onto my bed. I grabbed my phone and listened to music. I closed my eyes and drifted to sleep.

- - timeskip - -

I woke up and saw my alarm clock saying it was 6:30am. I took a quick shower and started to do a few sit ups.

My mother doesn't let me go to the gym since she's afraid I might hurt myself. Since last year I've been working out in my room or the basement, it depends what house we were living in.

Once I was done I went downstairs, ate breakfast and left the house. I searched the school while we were in the car yesterday.

Apparently, the school is only two blocks away so I decided to walk.

On my way I was thinking of new lines for my song I was busy creating. It's not that easy for me but it's the easiest way I kill time.

"Hey there."

I heard a voice from behind me. When I turned around it was a guy my age with brown hair and black sunglasses. He also had a laptop bag that he obviously uses as his school bag. He ran up to me and bend down a bit to catch his breath.

 He ran up to me and bend down a bit to catch his breath

He stood up and gave a small wave.

"Hey, I'm Robert, but just call me Rob."

He held his hand out and I shook it. We both continued to walk.

"Are you new? I've never seen you at the school before."

"Yeah, I'm new. I just got here yesterday. My name is Benjamin, but call me Ben."

"Well nice to meet you Ben. We can hang. I think we were meant to meet. If you arrived at the school this morning alone, who knows what would have happened."

He threw his arms up for a dramatic effect. I was starting  to really enjoy this guys company. He does not seem arrogant or full of himself.

"What do you mean, exactly?"

"Well..." He pushed his glasses up closer to his eyes. "... our school is quite the cliché place. It's filled with the usual groups and weirdo's."

"Well when it's lunch you can show them out to me. Then I'll know who to avoid."

He seemed alright with that and gave a small smile.

- - timeskip - -

Rob insisted that he take me to the office. I agreed since I didn't know where to go. When we reached the office, I was greeted by a friendly secretary.

"Morning, how can I help?"

Rob quickly answered for me.

"He's new here. His name is Benjamin."

"Okay, I'll get your schedule."

She went to a room attached to her office. It was probably where all the school records were held.

"What's your fullname?" The secretary called out from the room.

"It's Benjamin Moon."

I looked at Rob who was nodding his head. "Nice name."

I nodded in response and saw the secretary placing a schedule on the counter along with a keyring that had a key and a tag on it.

"Your schedule and locker key. You are number 104."

"Thank you, Miss."

She smiled and turned to her laptop.

Rob and I started walking to the main entrance where the strong current of students roamed.

"Are you excited about the school?"

"I guess, but I'm hoping something unique or interesting is gonna happen."

"Don't worry man, I got you."

I took a deep breath and started walking to the entrance. Here goes nothing.