01

feels like we only go backwards- tame impala

I stood by my locker as I thumbed through my folders, trying to find my later classes. I placed them in my locker and saw my friends down the hall.

"Hey guys." I waved. There were too busy in their own conversations to notice my presence.

"No! Finn totally got the haircut after I texted him too!" Trisha squealed. She can be described as an all-around manipulative bitch, but most saw her for her looks.

"Oh! Eden! You're here; didn't notice." She said. Tracy and Macy laughed along with her as I cursed myself for even walking over to them. Macy and Tracy were big eye candy at school; mainly because they're twins.

"Anyways, after school, were going to the mall. You might as well come and fix... that." Tracy said as she pointed to my outfit. Laughter once again erupted from the group, as another group down the hall caught out eyes.

"Guys! It's Finn and his friends! Do I look okay?" Trisha whisper-yelled. Yes, she has an undeniable crush on him. No, I don't care.

Him and his friends scanned our group as we walked past. Our eyes met for a split second before mine darted to the ground. The bell rang and the group made our ways to our respective classes.

First hour was history with Tracy and Trisha. The desks were in pairs, so obviously, they made me sit by myself. The second bell rang and the last few students filtered into the room.

One of them being Finn. He scanned the room before connecting our eyes. He was walking right towards me.

"Hey, is this seat free?" He asked me. I looked up and saw him towering over my desk.

"Y-yeah. Yes, it is." I mumbled. I looked over to my friends and saw Trisha glare burning into mine. I mouthed 'sorry' and got out my history notebook.

"I like your shirt." Finn said pointing to my grey SWMRS shirt.

"Thanks; varsity jacket?" I almost asked.

"Yeah, I made varsity baseball." He laughed. I nodded before looking down and rolling my eyes. He seemed nice, but he's a jock like the rest of them.

The teacher walked up to the board and lazily scribbled their name in chalk. The rambled about our first project of the year. I wasn't really listening, something about Mesopotamia, but I was more focused on memorizing every curl on Finns head. Fuck; what am I doing?

I grabbed my pencil and doodled floors and stick men until the clock ran out. The bell rang and I quickly grabbed my stuff and went for the door. As I was halfway down the hall, an arm grabbed my shoulder and turned me around.

"What the fuck?" I yelled to the person holding up a fist, ready to fight.

"Jeez, I just need your number for the project." Finn laughed and scratched the back of his neck. I blushed and muttered an apology as I typed my number into his phone.

He left and was replaced with Trisha and Tracy.

"What the fuck was that?" Trisha whined.

"I just have him my number for the project." I sighed as I put the other strap of my backpack on my shoulder.

"That's the only explanation for him asking for your number." Tracy scoffed.

The rest of the day I drew stick figures of my 'friends' leaving me alone.

§

I ran by my locker before walking to meet my friend in the parking lot.

"Hey! Eden!" Someone yelled behind me. I pivoted on my heels and saw Finn walking towards me.

"Hey." I plainly said. His smile went away for a moment.

"So, when should we work on the project?" He asked.

"Tomorrow? You can come over to my house if you want." I offered.

"No, how about my house tomorrow? I'll give you a ride." He said. We agreed on a time and parted ways.

Trisha, Tracy, and Macy were sitting in Trisha's convertible on their phones.

"About time!" Trisha yelled honking the horn. I climbed into the back before getting slammed into the side of the car. I finally buckled my seat belt.

"Next time, wait til im buckled before you whip the car around!" I yelled grabbing my throbbing head. The girls only laughed in response.

Ready to spend the next couple hours in hell.