07

Confidence- the dead pretties

I slammed my fist on the door. In a minute he was at the door.

"Eden? It's late. What the hell?" He said rubbing his eyes.

"How the hell could you?!" I said pushing him with both hands.

"What do you mean?" He asked. He's clearly taking this seriously.

"Taking Trisha to the winter formal! Dick move!" I yelled pushing him again. Tears started to fill my eyes but I tried to make sure he didn't see them. He grabbed me by my arms so I couldn't hit him anymore.

"She forced me to! It's like I want to go with her." He yelled at me. I wiggles out of his grip and started hitting him again.

"How the hell could you do that?!" I yelled at him.

"She's got dirt on me! My reputation is more important than a stupid date!" He yelled immediately regretting it. I backed away from him and whipped my tears.

"Eden! I didn't mean it like that!" He said walking after me.

"No, no, stay the fuck away from me!" I said walking away from him backwards.

"Eden! Just listen to me!" He said now jogging after me.

"No! My life was fine before you came into it. I'll just go back to that. Fuck you Finn." I spat at him before grabbing my car keys and getting in my car. I raced down the street and went back home. I cried myself to sleep that night.

§

I drove to school the next day, trying to avoid Trisha as much as possible. Usually, I walked with them so I didn't get harassed, but I finally decided to burn that bridge. I pulled into a parking space and pulled out a cigarette and waited for the bell to ring. Once it did I got out of my car, stomped on my cigarette to put it out, and walked into the building.

I didn't gain much attention walking down the hall, which was refreshing for once. I mean, I looked awful; why would anyone want to look at that? I hugged my textbook tightly to my chest and started walking to history.

"Hey, Eden!" I heard someone yell ahead of me. I looked up and saw Jaeden walking towards me.

"So do you know the plans for the winter formal? I don't know what-" he began stopping in front of me.

"Get the fuck away from me." I said quietly, walking past him. He didn't deserve that, I'm just a piece of shit I guess. Yeah, that sounds about right.

I waited for the second bell to ring before I walked into the classroom. There were only two spots left when I walked in. Next to finn or next the Alice Cooper, who smelled like mildly cheese. I sat down next to her and got out my text book. I'll deal with the stench for an hour.

Filler