Chapter 2

I approached my house in the dead of night. Slowly I began to walk up to my door step. I quietly twisted the doorknob, opened the door, and entered my house. I was already aware that my mom was awake, although I wasn't completely sure if my dad was also.

"Nick," I turned around to see my mom sitting on the couch "I thought I told you to stop leaving the house so late. I worry about you when you leave like that. Is everything okay with you?" She says sounding more concerned than I expected.

"I know I know," I reply to her as I approached the stairs and begin to walk up. "I just felt like walking. You don't have to keep worrying about me, I'm fine. You should really get some rest, I'm safe now. Goodnight mom, love you" I continued to my room. Walking up the last few steps there were.

I hear my mom call out to me "Love you Hun, Goodnight" I entered my room and immediately laid on my bed. I reached In my pockets and pulled out my phone.

"Hey, are you okay? Still at the park?" I texted while I was changing into my basketball shorts and favorite Gorillaz tee shirt for my comfort. It took Tracy a little while to text back.

Just as I began to get concerned she replies "Yeah, just got home, about to get in my bed." I feel relief at that message. I began to type a reply but she texts again saying "You were right ninjas attacked but I fought them off myself. Didn't need you"

I let out a sincere laugh. "Glad to see you're still alive Tracy" the conversation lasted for about an hour before I started to get sleepy.

"Hey I think I'm going to go to sleep here soon" I say

She replies "yeah me too, I feel exhausted." I was going to ask her why she felt so exhausted but I had a feeling it was about her mother again. Tracy is very sensitive about her mom so I didn't want to get her rowelled up right before she went to sleep so I didn't ask. "Alright," I text "I'll see you at school tomorrow"

"Not if the ninjas come back for revenge" she texts back surprisingly quick. Again I let out a laugh. Tracy had an amazing sense of humor in my opinion. "Just kidding" she says "goodnight Nick, Sweet dreams" I reply for the last time "goodnight Tracy, sweet dreams"

I didn't go to sleep immediately after I said goodnight to her. I stayed up longer thinking about why I love her. I thought to myself. She's so beautiful inside and out. She's one of the smartest girl in school, star of the soccer team and so wonderfully popular. But not the 'stuck up' kind of popular. She's the person everyone knows and loves to be around. She's that kind of popular where she doesn't even know it. Her personality almost shines brighter than the smile on her face. Her laugh is so contagious and you could never not smile when she's around. She's confident, and she's independent. She so perfect in my eyes.

"I am completely and utterly in love with you Tracy McClain," I whisper to myself "and no one can change the way I feel about you. You have my heart in your palm." I began to nod off and eventually fell into a deep sleep.