Chapter 7

I am completely speechless and cannot utter a word out of my mouth. Emotions overflow my body. All I can do is stare at her face. As beautiful as ever. Moments ago I was grieving over the girl standing right In front of my face and now she's standing at my doorstep. I realize that moments pass and I haven't said a word to her.

"Umm hey.. What are you doing here?"

"I just wanted to see if you were okay. I've been up all night thinking about what you said to me last night and.. And I just really wanted to come talk to you."

I continue to stare at her in confusion. She looks at me and I look at her. I don't know what to say. I'm still amazed at the sight I see at my front doorstep. She raises her eyebrows at me. Those flawless eyebrows. "May I?" She says pointing inside my door. "Oh. Of course. Yeah come in" I let her into my house a little reluctantly and walk her up the stairs to my bedroom. As we walk up the stairs, my mind floods with thoughts of how she was actually concerned. I was wrong, she actually cares about the feelings I have for her. I begin to build up hope as we walk into my bedroom. I sit at the top of my bed as she sits at the bottom crisscrossed, making herself comfortable.

"So.. What do you need to say" I say looking at her as she looks down, looking surprisingly afraid to speak. After a few seconds she finally speaks.

"I've been thinking Nick. All night and all day. I couldn't stop thinking about last night. I couldn't focus in school and I can barely focus now. I thought about what I would say on my way over here but it's all different when I'm here with you, looking at you. When It actually has to come out of my own mouth." She takes a deep breath. "Nick. I really like you." My heart nearly falls out of my chest. My face get hot and I feel a cold sweat arising. My chest is beating a thousand times a second. "I've thought and thought and I think, no, I know I feel the same way you do. We've known each other since middle school and after all the years of being your friend, I saw you as just that, a friend. But after last night it hit me. And it hit hard." She begins to shake a little. Just enough for me to notice. Her voice gets shaking and she cracks between her words. "I walked out because I was overwhelmed, I couldn't contain the feelings I was holding. I didn't even notice how you felt truly until last night." Tears begin to rush down her face. I pursue closer to her to wipe them off. " and I just-"

I cut her off with by kissing her lips. So soft and so moist. So luscious her lips were. This is what I've waited so long for, to hear that she likes me back and now our lips are touching each other's. I don't want this moment to stop but I move away. Her eyes are closed and she bites her lips and half smiles. That cute half smile she has. I wipe the rest of her tears from her face. "It's okay Tracy. I understand. I just jumped to conclusions so fast and I couldn't sleep because I thought you hated me for last night." She opens her eyes and looks at me. We are so close in this moment. "That's the only reason I didn't go to school, because I couldn't face you after what happened. After you walking out on me leaving me there without a thought of how you felt toward me. But now I know how you feel and it fills me with joy that I've never had before. I've never been so happy Tracy."

I smile really big at her and she leans in and kisses me again. While she's kissing me she pushes me back on the bed, I surrender to her and we lie down. She stops kissing me when we hit the bed and she lays beside me and her head on my chest. She looks up and me and whispers "I'm sorry" I look at her and smile. "It's okay Tracy."

She smiles and me and says three simple words that mean the entire world to me. "I love you Nick." I get crazy butterflies in my stomach when she says these words. I smile so big. " "I love you too Tracy." She smiles at me and it's beautiful. She's beautiful.!

We lay there for hours just smiling at each other. I've never been as happy as I am in this moment. I would have never thought that she felt the same about me. I always thought she was out of my league. After last night I gave up my thoughts of 'love is not just a shout in the void' and began to believe the exact opposite. But after what just happened, I regained my confidence I that quote. Now I know for sure love is not just a shout in the void. Tracy filled my void, heard my shout for love and accepted it. She shouted back and I heard her and accepted her love. Tracy McClain, the love of my life, confessed her feelings to me and we are here, now lying in my bed together. Not a sexual thought runs through my brain. All I want is for her to lay here and cuddle with me until forever ends. And for now, I never want forever to end.