Chapter 6: Another Round

—Matt's Apartment—

"You feelin' good?" Luke asked when Matt exited his bedroom.

"Yeah, I'm doing fine." Matt groaned as he sat on his armchair. "What are you cooking?"

"Pancakes and eggs." Luke said, focusing on the stove, "You came back from the dead. That's nice but as soon as you leave the grave, someone wants you dead. You're life keeps on getting better and better, doesn't it."

"But it can still get better." Matt chuckled and sensed that Claire wasn't in the building nor near the building, "Claire went home?"

"She just went out and checked on Danny to see why he didn't show up. You're lucky that you managed to message Claire before you passed out."

"Pretty lucky." Matt stood up and stared outside the window. Technically he couldn't see anything but he could sense everything. "How's the new recruit?"

"Reyes. Well..." Luke chuckled while placing the eggs on a plate. "He's progressing but he ain't done with S.H.I.E.L.D. yet but once he is, he's joining the team. Breakfast is served."

"Thanks." Matt walked over to the counter and grabbed a plate of pancakes and eggs. Once he tasted both, he acknowledged Luke's cooking skills, "You should cook more. It tastes good."

"You should taste what Claire cooks. Especially when it's Thanksgiving. Damn, she makes the best food."

"Can you tell me why Stephen Strange showed up to my funeral?"

"One day I was chasing two criminals who stole a lot of money from the bank and suddenly this man in a cape and a necklace shows up and uses his magic. I shook his hand, told him I was Luke Cage and I knew the Devil of Hell's Kitchen."

"Did you say any names?"

"No. I know that you wouldn't want anyone to know your identity. I understand that though."

"Thanks for not mentioning my name by the way. I appreciate that."

"Anything I would do for a man like you." Luke chuckled and stopped leaning on the counter. "You should get some rest. Your friend said that he is expecting you at Josie's tonight."

—Docks—

Frank Castle and Micro were waiting in a truck right outside the docks, waiting for a guns deal to start. Frank and Micro just stopped by a diner a few minutes ago to grab two burgers and there they were, eating it. Frank was holding a sniper, ready for the package to be unveiled. Micro had hacked all the cameras in the area. All they had to do was wait.

Frank was patient. Waiting for the opportunity to show itself. And there it was, two men came out of a ship with two containers of weapons. Frank raised his sniper and aimed at the two men until another one showed up. He was wearing a leather jacket, pants and boots. He was also bald with a trigger tattoo in the back of his head.

"Micro, can we get a quick scan on the guy who just arrived." Frank said.

"Lester Pondexter. Ex-military turned into an assassin but he's been assassinating the guys we are targeting so seems reasonable." Micro reporter.

"But why is he talking with Fisk's men?"

"Is that really Fisk's men though?"

"I think I need to make a few phone calls." Frank sighed and took a seat, "Can you get a hold of Matthew Murdock?"

—Josie's—