Chapter 13: End to Plans

—Matt's Apartment—

Matt slowly and carefully went inside his room through the roof. He threw the scarf away when he entered. Sitting on the couch, he slowly ate some chips that were left open. He sighed after so much pain he was going through, his wound from the knife was still healing. Suddenly someone touched his arm.

"Who the hell is that?" Matt asked standing up as he was unaware.

"Settle down, asshole!" Jessica shouted so Matt knew it was her.

"Ah Jesus. Oh fuck." Matt started breathing and Jessica came over to help.

"What the fuck happened to you, Devil Boy? I thought you're stronger than this?" Jessica asked while smirking.

"I'm... tired. I'm fucking..." Matt took a seat on the armchair, "I don't know anymore."

"Take a damn seat. Let me check." Jessica ran to the bedroom and grabbed the first aid kit. By the time she got back, Matt had removed his shirt. She started looking through his body to see a fresh cut on his chest and a bullet wound, "Let me guess. Bullseye."

"Fisk." Matt grunted while he corrected her.

"This time, you stay. I can't afford seeing you get hurt again."

"Are you flirting now, Ms. Jones?"

"Fuck off." Jessica scoffed as Matt laughed. "Stop reading my mind or you'll fall in love with me."

"I think you're in love with me."

"And how do you know, dickhead?" Jessica annoyingly asked.

"Your hormones are different than normal." Matt smirked.

Jessica shook her head and started walking towards the bed.

"Any plans for tomorrow?" Jessica asked.

"Yeah. To tell the team about a plan." Matt sighed as he laid down on the couch, "The bed is yours."

"I don't give a shit."

—Tomorrow—

Matt finished discussing the plans with the Defenders and they all seemed satisfied with it. They were eating in a local restaurant downtown and it was night, so nobody would expect them eating there.

They ordered some hamburgers, since Danny doesn't eat a lot of beef, fries and enough drinks for the five of them.

"What else have I missed all these years? I wished my parents were never killed." Danny sighed.

"It's alright. You'll catch up soon enough, Rand." Robbie said, sipping on his drink, "So next week we'll do it?"

"Why not tomorrow? So we won't have to wait?" Luke asked.

"Because if we do it tomorrow Fisk will expect it. I'll stay Matt Murdock for a week and then suddenly I'll turn to Daredevil and beat his ass." Matt explained but they weren't convinced, "Fisk has meetings next week."

"I'm still not convinced. I think Luke has the better plan." Jessica said.

"If you guys are going to start a argument, I'll be eating over there." Robbie chuckled.

"Oh, we aren't, Reyes. We do this all the time, don't we Murdock?"

"What? Bed? Are you guys together?" Robbie smirked at the two.

"We aren't dating, Robbie. Besides, she isn't good with women." Matt said.

"And look at the asshole who's talking." Jessica added.

"This burger is the best." Danny smiled, "Can I order another one?"

"Have you not been listening to what they were arguing about?" Luke asked.

"This burger tastes so good that I don't know what you've been talking about."

"Oh God!" Matt shouted and everyone in the diner noticed. Luke asked what happened to Matt, "We have some guys with guns outside. We can handle them with ease."

"Alright, Defenders. Let's work for a living." Luke said.

The five of them walked out as a team as they approached the men with guns. They were all aiming at them, all in bulletproof vehicles.

"Excuse me, boys. I think it's time for you to know who we are. We are-" Jessica spoke.

"Open fire!" A mercenary shouted.

All of them hid behind Luke who was taking the bullets while the others taught of a plan. They brainstormed a idea before the mercenaries needed time to reload. While they were reloading, Danny struck his Iron Fist on Luke's hand. A shockwave went through and all of the cars flipped over. Multiple men came out and continued firing.

"Get them." Danny said, as Robbie and Matt went to work against the men, "Jessica, follow me."

Matt and Robbie were taking down many of them, one using their skills in fighting and the other was using the Ghost Rider. Robbie accidentally struck a gas leakage and three cars blew up. One of it was very close to a shop that was closed. Matt could sense there was someone inside.

"Luke! Check inside the building!" Matt ordered. Luke shook his head and started running towards the building.

Jessica and Danny were finishing off the rest of the mercenaries until two helicopters flew over them. They were shining their bright lights at Matt and Robbie. Danny and Jessica couldn't do anything since they might open fire. The helicopters had mini guns with laser sights, aiming right at their chase.

"Murdock, you run at the count of three." Robbie whispered, "One, two..."

Luke threw a piece of metal at the helicopter and it started to lose control. They started opening fire at Matt and Robbie who were trying to run towards the other two. The helicopter crashed onto the other and it landed on a apartment building. Matt could sense the screams of the families who were inside the building.

"I got it." Robbie said, as he and Luke went inside the apartment.

"Matt, change of plans?" Danny asked.

"We attack tomorrow night. We find Bullseye first and then Fisk inside his office." Matt got his frustrated face on, "No more games."

Matt passed by Jessica who grabbed his hand.

"And where the hell do you think you're going." Jessica asked Matt.

"Fogwell's. Tomorrow is the main event, Ms. Jones. Can't miss it." Matt said, fixing his tie and walking away.