Chapter 5- California Girl

Two weeks later Jane found herself in front of her new house in California. She then began receiving tons of texts and calls from people at school in New York so she begged her mom for a new phone since she didn’t complain that much on the move to California. Her mom agreed, and she got the latest iphone, she then moved on from her old life and started building a reputation at her new school. Jane moved in the middle of the school year so she was the odd one out, her town also mostly consisted of old, abandoned houses so it was weird for Jane the first few days.

                                              _________________________

            “Mom, remember to pick Robbie and I up at three!” Jane shouted to her mom as she walked up the steps of her new school. Jane walked confidently and with her head high because she knew that she would be with the in-crowd as soon as they day was over.  Just then an ear-splitting headache suddenly hit her brain, and she stumbled in her heels. Then, Jane fell in the muddy grass. The group that she was walking towards was the “in-crowd”. They all looked over at Jane, and started laughing at her. Jane looked up, her sudden headache now over, and said, “Oh dang nabbit!”.

            “Hey Kath,” said a cute guy standing next to a slim brunette,” She just said nabbit, she’s like a rabbit!” Everyone laughed at Jane again, but this time Jane stood up, her heels and dress all muddy and said, “ Hi, my name is-“ suddenly the headache came back at Jane said, “ Ouch!”  The slim brunette, which Jane figured was Kathrine or Kathy walked up to her and whipered,” Go away dork, and learn how to walk in those knock off heels.”

            Jane was appalled because no one at her old school had ever called her heels a knock-off, or called her a dork, but inside Jane was still the queen bee.

            “By the way Kat, my name is Jane!” said Jane as she winked at the cute guy who called her a rabbit. It was now Kathrine’s turn  to be shocked, she called out to Jane, “ Watch your back rabbit!”