Prism And The Boy?

Finally, Jamee and I arrive at school moments before the first bell rings. As I began my race to find the principal's office to figure out my classes (and was now running down the halls), I WHACK into this guy and his locker door and fell flat on my ass. Yep, that's right, guys... I ran into a boy and his locker door... It was pretty painful, honestly. "Yo... Are you ok?" the abnormally handsome boy asked as he offered his hand to help me up. "Yeah, yeah, I'm good. That barely even hurt. I didn't feel a thing there... Mr....?" I replied, hoping to get this mystery boy's name to refer to later for when I told Jamee about this uh... Incident. We'll call it that. "  The name Clein... Like Calvin Klein but with a C" ... "Hmm, interesting." I thought to myself. "Well, Klein with a C.. it was nice running into your locker door, but... I got some people to see about some classes, and you know, new kid, new school stuff." I said as I gave him a two-fingered salute and turned to be on my merry-way when he stopped me to say... " wait, a new girl... I gave you my name. How about you return the favor?" He said with an adorable little smirk. " All good things come to those who wait, Klein with a C..." I said as I smirked and went about my task. 

I reach the main office and see a girl ( I'm assuming a student doing teachers' aide stuff ) " Hello, new girl here. I was sent here to see principal Santos?" The girl looked me up and down and then pointed towards her office (a very obvious door with a plaque with her name on it right by it). "Oh, yeah... thanks for your...directions" I smiled awkwardly and sidled off. I give Ms. Santos's door a quick yet quiet knock. " Come in," she says in a stern yet, calming tone. I open the door " Hello, principal Santos. I'm Prism; I-" She cuts me off before I can even get a complete sentence out.

"Oh, you're Prism! You just moved in from out of state over the break! I've already spoken to your parents about helping get you acclimated here in the school. Now please know they told me about your...delicate situation" I stop her there. "The Paisleys told you what about my "delicate" situation? Also, how exactly is my situation delicate? I mean... I must be like any other foster kid with murdered parents at this school, right?" I said, smiling sweetly at her. "Now, Ms. Clark, no one is here to attack or make you feel unwelcome. I am here to make sure your transition is as smooth and easy as possible, no matter how it may seem to you. Now one thing I will NOT tolerate in my school, classes, or this office is a disrespectful attitude or tone... with ANYONE, teachers, nor your classmates." She looked at me with the most serious face as I dropped my smile. "Sorry, MS. Santos, I've just been through this so many times; I just can't stand it when people try to treat me as if I am just some sad stray kitten lost and needing guidance and home or unable to function as any other teen without a tragic backstory, it's almost like my life was made up by some crazy person obsessed with mystery romance novels and true crime podcasts..."*wink*. She looks at me puzzled. "disregard that last part..." I say in embarrassment.

"Ms. Clark, I have set you up for meetings with the guidance counselor throughout your first week to ensure you are handling the change well. Now here's your class Schedule, and I've set you up with Jamee to be your student guide; I figured since you two already have a connection that the Paisleys mentioned... I figured it would make it easier for you. "Thank you, Ms. Santos..." I say as I slump in my chair, feeling awful for how I reacted. "Of course, it's my job to make students as safe and comfortable as possible in this school; now, please head to your first class." I grab my class schedule, look it over to see which class is first and where and head off.