I'll Be Back Soon, Don't Worry

2 years, 3 months later, awards ceremony at Ceaser's Palace
●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●

     Tony was having a fun night. Dodging responsibilities and hanging out with beautiful women? Kinda buzzed from all the alcohol? Definitely a fun night.

     He was pretty sure that at some point, much earlier in the night he was worried about what Alex was doing. But now he had another vodka in his hand and another game to win.

     After a while he felt someone tap his shoulder and heard his name being called.

      "Tony!" Rhodey yelled. He was furious at his friend. He looked like an idiot waiting for Tony to come up and get the award.

     Tony looked at him blankly for a second. "Oh yeah! Right, sorry. Let's go do this thing."

     "It's already done. Come on, really man? At least be a little professional." He handed his friend the glass award.

     "Oh that was easy," Tony said dismissively. His attention was quickly focused on the table and the beautiful brunette once again. He couldn't think of much that could distract him at the moment, he certainly didn't want to waste time trying.

     Rhodey was dragged around the whole casino floor by Tony. He watched as his friend took crazy bets and lost more than he won. Mostly, his job was to make sure Tony didn't bet something ridiculous, like his house, or depending on how drunk he was, his kid probably.

     Eventually Tony had enough and he left with Rhodey and a group of others trailing behind him. "Render unto Ceaser what is Ceaser's." Tony handed away the award to a man dressed as Ceaser near the door.

     Rhodey sighed, he didn't expect any less. "Don't be late tomorrow, Tony. I'm serious." he reminded him.

     The billionare smiled and nodded. "Of course, don't even worry." He made his way back to the car but Happy stopped him. Something about a pretty reporter. So Tony put on a fake smile and turned around. She was attractive, he could definitely work with this.

     And about a half an hour later, they were in bed.

●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●

     Alex was sitting in the lab in the morning, watching her dad (who was obviously hungover) try to fix a car. She was trying to finish her waffles.
Music was blaring and lights were bright, he must be trying to shake it off.

     "You're holding it upside down," she informed him with a smirk. This was better than any Saturday morning cartoon she could think of.

     Tony mumbled something and flipped the screwdriver over. He was glaring a little.

     "What was that, Dad?"

     "Nobody likes a smart ass," he said loudly without a hint of emotion.

     Alex pretended to gasp and put her hand on her chest. "That is child abuse!" she shouted dramatically.

     Her dad chuckled. "Not yet it isn't," he smirked at her.

     In response she stuck out her tongue. "Incoming!" she exclaimed as she saw Pepper walking to the lab door with an angry look on her face.