The Slytherin Sort

Author's Note: All characters, places, ideas and quotes from the book series Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling belong to her.

Please Comment and Vote!

First Person to Comment will get a chapter dedication!

<3

Chapter One: The Slytherin Sort:

"Granger, Hermione." Professor McGonagall called out the girl's name. A girl with frizzy brown hair walked up to the stool and sat down, Professor McGonagall sat the hat upon the girl's head, "Gryffindor!" The hat called out.

"Weasley, Ronald." A red headed boy walked and sat on the stool. "Gryffindor!"

"Parkinson, Pansy." She was sorted into Slytherin house. Katerina hoped that she wouldn't be sorted into Slytherin. She would not be evil, she didn't want to be.

"Pryde, Katerina." As her name rang out in the Great Hall, students gasped at her name. She walked and sat on the tattered stool, she eyed the hat suspiciously. Professor McGonagall lightly dropped the hat on Katerina's sunset colored hair.

'The daughter of Forferde and Meloria Pryde, I remember your parents, even if I wish I didn't. You are destined for great things Katerina..' The hat began before interrupting itself,

"Slytherin."

It was as if the whole world stopped, Katerina's worst fears had come true. She had been placed in the house her parents had been placed in, she had been placed in a truly evil house. However, Katerina would use all of her might to not turn out to be evil.

As time went back to normal, Katerina heard the clapping and cheering coming from Slytherin. The other houses stayed silent as she walked towards the Slytherin table. She sat next to two black haired girls who gave her a semi- friendly smile.

"I'm Katerina Pryde." Katerina introduced herself. "Everyone here knows who you are Katerina, I'm Pansy Parkinson and this is Millicent Bulstrode."

SIXTH YEAR:

Over the years Pansy and Katerina had become best friends, Millicent was a friend to them, but she is more closely tied with other Slytherin's.

In her Fifth Year, Katerina had been the only Slytherin to take place in Dumbledore's Army. She happened to be very good friends with Hermione Granger, of course they couldn't talk to each other when Slytherin's where around.

"Pansy, stop eating my food. You have your own to eat!" Katerina laughed at Pansy.

"But yours is better!" Pansy whined, se reached out to grab a piece of Bacon from Katerina's plate. Katerina slapped her hand away, while Pansy pouted. Katerina saw Pansy glance over towards Draco Malfoy, Pansy sighed and sunk down on the bench.

"Pansy, get over him! He's a piece of dirty scum, don't you remember what I told you about dirty scum." Katerina chastised.

"Yeah, yeah. Dirty scum is no fun to snog with, I remember." Pansy droned, obviously not happy that Katerina saw Draco for what he was.

"I don't get why you even fancy him, he's quite rude if I recall." Katerina stated.

"Yeah, but he's really good looking and he is popular. What else could a girl ask for?" Pansy sighed.

Katerina coughed up her milk that she had been drinking at that statement, "A personality that is worthwhile would be nice." She reasoned, but knew it wasn't worth it. "Hey! Ferret boy, come here!" She yelled towards Draco and motioned him to come here. His pale grey- blue eyes darted suspiciously at Pansy.

"What do you want, Pryde?" Draco asked.