Chapter Eight

So, where do we go from here?" Oscar asked, the tall, semi-barbarian warrior looked around (semi Barbarian because as a child he had been orphaned and had been found and bought up by the Dwarves).

"Uh yeah?" Thorban asked.

Elaith looked up the tunnel, saw nothing larger than a rat or bat and said, "into the tunnel we should be able to find her, say where's that part of her cloak?"

"Here" said Brithic.

Elaith held it in front of the nose of his Dire wolf companion Dart (he'd raised it from a cub) "follow this scent Dart".

The wolf sniffed and then padded forward sniffing the air.

"Guess we follow him" Elaith said "I'll go first".

"Ok" said Brithic as the rest of the party fell into step behind Elaith, Varharland and Elaith led the party (well actually Dart was in front, Elaith behind Dart and Varharland behind Elaith) the two Paladins bought up the rear, the Paladin's plate armour clanked and everyone who wore chain clinked, except for the elves, Elven Chain.

"That does it!" Magnus said with a groan "everyone is going to know were here! Clank! Clank! Clank! Clank! Can't you all move a little more quietly!"

"In plate mail?" Mendis asked Magnus.

"Dammed Paladins!" Magnus said, "I am sorely tempted to cast 'Silence' over the whole dammed lot of them!"

"Mightn't work on Thorban" Tevon said "he's a dwarf!"

"I don't care!" Magnus said, "say anyone here got a 'Silence Armor' spell?"

Darkstar spoke "well sorta, it's a kind of 'Move Silently' spell I could cast it on the people in armour, that should quieten them down considerably".

"Do it!" Magnus begged "this tunnel is probably full of Orcs or something and with the noise their all making they'll hear it for miles!"

"Ok" Darkstar said "it mightn't work on Thorban though seeing he's a Dwarf".

"Well it should quieten everyone else down!" Magnus snapped.

"Ok" said Darkstar, the Drow moved over and said "halt!"

"What is it Darkstar?" Brithic asked.

"I'm casting a spell over you all, so you'll all move a little quieter. Magnus has pointed out that everyone in this tunnel can probably hear us".

Oscar asked "why?"

"Your too noisy!" Magnus said.

"I have to agree" said Varharland "Ok Darkstar do your worst".

"Ok" said Darkstar, he made a gesture and muttered a couple of words and said "done".

Brithic moved and found that his armour didn't clank "it worked!" said Brithic.

"Mines muted" said Thorban.

"You're a Dwarf it probably hit your magic resistance somewhat the rest of you should be able to move more quietly now" Darkstar said.

"Where'd you learn that spell?" Magnus asked Darkstar.

"My father" he replied, "my father is a renegade Drow Mage".

"Could you teach it to me?" Magnus asked.

"You want me? a Drow? To teach you?" Darkstar asked "talk about a turnabout!"

"Look I know you and I haven't always seen eye to eye, but you have proven yourself honourable and you have saved my life once or twice, but the point is I think I could learn something from you".