chapter 1

*buzz* *buzz* *ring* *ring*

"Ughh" I mumble as I go to turn off my alarm that I had to set because I needed to pack

I get up out of bed and get my suitcase and pack pack pack my whole closet into it plus everything in my bathroom and tons of shoes. I do need to look good. I was leaving today so I need to hurry.

I packed a few more things and zipped up my suitcase. I walked to the bathroom. quickly washed my face and brushed my hair. then quickly put some clothes on that were comfortable for the long drive ahead of me.

I walked downstairs and the house is empty. it's five thirty in the morning. I grabbed a granola bar and grabbed my suitcase and walked to the car. I loaded everything in my car and quickly ran back in the house to grab another pair of shoes. I wrote my parents a note even though they knew when I was leaving.

I finally walked back out of the house and locked the door. I walked to my car and bam I started driving.

*FLASH FORWARD TO EIGHT HOURS LATER*

I see the welcome to San Diego sign and man I can't stop smiling. I've been waiting about all four years of high school for the day that I could drive and not stop for hours on end. I feel so free. I pull into my aunt and uncles house.

"LUNA!!" my cousin Emily yells from the door

"Emily!" I half yell back and pull her into a hug

I put her down and am greeted by my uncle who gives me a soft hug while my aunt glares at me before giving me an embrace that felt very fake.

"You're room is upstairs and to the left! I'll show it to you" Emily said excitedly

I nodded and had my hand pulled up the stairs. damn for a 12 year old she is strong. we finally got to the room and it was pretty small I must say.

"Thanks em, I think I'm going to go to bed now." I said before closing the door

Ok so I need to unpack right? I thought for a second. I say on the bed and fell asleep right then and there.