Chapt. 2

Harry's POV

If I had been home ten minutes later,my baby could have been severely hurt,or worst,even dead.To be honest,life without Tristan would be torture.It'd be like standing in the middle of the ocean.Nothing there but salty water,the sky,and the creatures that dwelled under the water.

"Babe,I am really sorry."I got up to hug Tristan again.

"You already apologized,Harry."She said softly."You have nothing to be sorry for.It wasn't your fault.Don't beat down on yourself."

I looked her in the eye."But what if they don't get caught?"

"My friend Ashlynn works for the FBI.She'll do research on Bran-my ex,they'll get caught,they get sent to jail or the institution,we celebrate cause they're caught and out of our way,and we love happily ever after.How does that sound?"Tristan reassured.

"Are you sure?"I questioned.

"I'm positively positive."She then took my hand in hers and lightly squeezed it."Here,how about I go call Ashlynn right now?"

She got up and walked to the kitchen,limping every few steps.

After about eight minutes,she came back in the living room with a grin on her face.

How come she's smiling when she just experienced what you could call rape?

"She said she'll do it!She'll have a bit of information by tonight and the final pieces by next Monday."

"That's great.But how come you're smiling right now?I mean,you just go-"I was cut off by Tristan.

"Well,when I was five,"her voice grew more quiet by the second and also began to grow a tiny bit shaky."Uh,I was outside drawing on the cement with my chalk,when all of a sudden,a middle-aged man came,picked me up,and threw me in the back of his truck.He then began to touch me really hard.I tried to scream,but it was useless."

"Go on,what happens?"I watched her wipe a tear away.

"That action went on for about ten minutes,then my mom came outside,noticing that I wasn't drawing flowers and hearts anymore.She looked around and saw me kicking and waving my arms around signaling for help.She ran over to me,the man sprinting away,not getting caught."

"Oh my gosh."I mumbled under my breath.

My baby had been through all this?It was sad to hear!Really,if your girlfriend had told you that she got raped when she was a child,you'd be sad too.

She told me the rest of the story.

I shook my head and ran my hands through my hair.

"So,yeah.My childhood was ruined from that point on."

I pulled her into a tight hug,as she cried in the crook of my neck.

"It's alright.It's alright."I choked out.