The Nightmare

A/N: Kinda angsty, kinda fluffly.

Kawaii~Chan skipped up to the roof of the house in Starlight. She had a sunset scheduled with Zane and to say that she was excited was an understatement. She was ecstatic! This was her crush for years now and they were finally dating! And the cute, little nugget had started to use her real name, Nana, when they were alone! And he was just getting cuter and cuter the longer they were together and she just wanted to give him all the hugs, kisses, and sweets she cou-

Slow down, she mentally scolded herself. It's only been a few weeks and you're already starting to sound like you do when you're talking about Aaron and Aphmau......So this is how she feels. Kawaii~Chan made a mental note to calm down a little bit on the shipping, before resuming her skipping up the stairs.

"Zane!" she exclaimed when she saw him sitting on the patio couch. He didn't respond right away, so Kawaii~Chan just assumed that his sleepy self had fallen asleep while waiting for her. She decided to go over to him and scare him awake just for fun. Creeping up behind the couch, she quickly jumped in front of him, yelling "Boo!" No response.

Kawaii~Chan felt her gut feeling kick in that something was wrong. She quickly checked him over for anything out of the ordinary, but still found nothing.

"Zane?" she tried, no still got no response from her boyfriend, so she yelled a little louder. "ZANE!!!" She tried shaking him awake, but found him crumbling into dust right in front for her.

"NOOOOOO!!!" she screamed, sitting up from her bed. Realization quickly hit her. She had just been dreaming! It was just a dream!

She quickly found herself crying into one of her pillows, from both relief and fear. She didn't even realize someone had come into her room until they sat on the bed next to her.

"Kawaii~Chan?" they asked. She knew that voice.

Her head shot out of her pillow so fast she was surprised that she didn't get whiplash.

"Sorry, Zane~Kun." she said quietly, "Kawaii~Chan didn't mean to wake you." Her face went back into the pillow, this time from shame.

"It's fine, I was awake." Zane said, bending his head to try and see her face, "I was only just now climbing into bed."

He was right. When Kawaii~Chan looked back up, she saw that he had his pajamas on, but not his mask.

"Do you not sleep with your mask?" she asked.

"No, I don't want to suffocate while I sleep." Zane deadpanned.

"Right, sorry."

They were silent for another few moments before Kawaii~Chan spoke again.

"Uh, well, goodnight, Zane~Kun." and she rolled over and tried to go back to sleep.

Zane wasn't having it. "Kawaii~Chan, are you sure you're okay?"

No answer.

He sighed, "Would you like to talk about it?"

Kawaii~Chan sniffed before shaking her head, "Kawaii~Chan doesn't really want to."

"Okay, then, would you like me to stay with you for a little while to calm you down?" Zane asked, scooting a little closer.

"Kawaii~Chan is calm" KC lied.

"You are not, I can see you shaking under the covers." Zane argued.

KC sighed, "Okay, Kawaii~Chan guesses she does need some help calming down." and she scooted over a little to make some room for him. He laid down and immediately pulled her a little closer.

"It's freezing in here," he complained, "How can you sleep in these frigid conditions?"

KC giggled, knowing he wasn't really very cold, but she answered anyway.

"It helps Kawaii~Chan sleep when its cold, but only if she has a ton of blankets on top of her." she whispered, "See?" She pulled all of her extra blankets on top of the two of them, covering them in a small nest.

Zane laughed as KC burrowed into the top ones and meowed like a kitten, one of her ears flicking, making her even cuter than normal.

"You're adorable." he giggled. KC laughed, then yawned, her eyes drooping a little bit. Zane smiled as she snuggled into his chest, burying her face in his shirt.

"Goodnight, Nana." he yawned, wrapping his arms around her and falling into a sound sleep.

A/N: I know that this is cringey, this is one of my old fanfics that I randomly found on my computer. Thanks for reading, buh-bye~