Chapter 13

Cam stands up to get the door and I wait anxiously in my seat. I hear the door open and voice a exchange hellos. I recognize the Jacks voices. I hear Cam invite them in and before I know it, Jack and Jack are two feet away from me.

Johnson rushes towards me and pulls me into his arms. I bury my face in his neck and his head rests on top of mine. My hands tightly grip the fabric of his tee shirt and I inhale the scent of his cologne.

"Do they know each other?" I hear Taylor ask.

Jack and I pull apart. He places a hand on either side of my face and looks me dead in the eye before pressing our foreheads together. Again he wraps his arms around me in almost a desperate manner.

"I missed you Lu."

"Missed you too, Jack."

I release Jack and move over to Gilinsky and pull him into a hug. Since I had moved Gilinsky and I had worked things out and we became pretty close friends. It was still a little awkward at times but it was better than it was before. Jack and Jack introduce themselves to the other boys and then we all settle around in various places in the room. I'm curled up in the arm chair next to Johnson.

"How do you guys know each other?" I hear Shawn ask from behind me. "And how do you know Cam and Nash?"

"I met Nash when I was in North Carolina visiting my friend one summer and Cam was with him. And then I moved to Omaha a couple months ago to live with my aunt and my cousin Ben was good friends with Jack and Jack."

"Where are you from?"

"Well currently I live in LA with my two brothers but I'm originally from Canada."

"No way, I'm from Canadian too!" Shawn exclaims. "I'm from Ontario. In Pickering. What about you?"

"Grew up in Vancouver and then moved to Regina."

The rest of the night went smoothly. The first Magcon event would be tomorrow. We stayed up until two talking and then all headed our separate ways for bed.

***

The Magcon events went smoothly and soon it is Sunday night. All of us were heading home the following day. I am laying on my bed when Mahogany comes through the door and tells me that we're all going out to dinner. I pull on a pair of white shorts and a mint blue crop top along with my coral colored vans. I grab my phone and Mahogany and I met the rest of the guys down in the lobby.

The restaurant is right down the street and it's dark out so we decide to walk, figuring no one will notice us. I find myself walking next to Johnson, our shoulders brushing lightly with every step and we find ourselves trailing a few feet behind everyone.

"I can't believe it's already time to leave." Jack says softly, his hand brushes against mine and he grabs my hand, interlacing our fingers.

"I know. We did so much while we were here, I just wish we could have more time."

"Because you'll have to go back to LA, and I'll go back to Omaha. How is LA anyways? I never asked."

"It's nice," I shrug. "I still like Omaha more. Speaking of which, guess what?"

"What?"

"I'm moving back to Omaha." Jack stops abruptly. I cease my walking and stand next to him. Me moves to face me, staring me dead in the eye, his mouth slightly ajar.

"Are you really?"

"Yea," I grin. "I have most of my stuff already packed and ready to ship. I'm moving back the beginning of October." Jack still looks stunned and I begin to worry that maybe he didn't want me to move back to Omaha. I guess I had just assumed he did.