Chapter 15

Since that night, the boys and I have hardly spoken to Johnson. Except for Gilinsky because they still make vines together and go to the Magcon events. We still see him everywhere but there is clear tension between us. In Stats he spends all his time making out with Mallory to try and make me jealous. It doesn’t make me jealous, it just makes me downright annoyed. I don’t know what kind of game he’s playing, but I know it’s not helping his cause.

I was really hoping that we could just put everything aside and be friends again but that’s obviously not what Johnson wants. So I just had to let it go. If I wasn’t getting anywhere I wasn’t going to waste my time trying. So school continued on as normal and now it is the beginning of December.

It’s friday and we’re all hoping that it’s going to snow tonight so that we can drive up to Mount Crescent tomorrow for the day. Gilinsky and I have been checking the weather faithfully and Ben texts us everytime a flake of snow falls past the window in his classroom.

By the time I got to last hour it is snowing pretty hard. I’m in such a good mood and busy texting Sam, Gilinsky and Ben to make plans to snowboard tomorrow when Johnson walks in. He doesn’t sit down right away, instead coming to stand in front of my desk. I look up at him questioningly and he bites his lip nervously.

“What’s going on?” I ask.

“I wanted to say sorry for being such a dick lately. It was really stupid what I did and then trying to act like it didn’t happen was really cruel of me. So I’m sorry.”

“I don’t even think you understand the extent of what you did. You told me you were in love with me and then you slept with me and then I had to find out from Gilinsky of all people that you happen to have a girlfriend. You assure me that she means nothing to you and then I show up here a few weeks later and you rub you and your girlfriend’s relationship in my face every opportunity you get because you know I still have feelings for you. Then you start being a dick to the other guys and are completely stunned when they don’t want to hang out with you anymore. And then you stand here in front of me thinking you can just say a simple sorry and everything will be all better.” I hiss, just loud enough for Jack and I to hear, or so I thought.

“Jack?” a quiet voice says. He turns around and sees Mallory standing behind him. His jaw drops as he sees her hurt expression. Her eyes are tearing up and her lip is beginning to quiver.  

“Mallory.” he gasps. “It’s not what is sounds like, I swear.”

Mallory shakes her head, not even bothering to listen to Jack and rushes out the classroom door. Jack gives me a glare and storms after her. I roll my eyes and follow. Jack turns around as we rush down the hallway after Mallory and gives me a hard stare.

“You’ve done enough, Luca, go back to class.” Jack hisses at me. Mallory stops her stride and spins around, storming up to Jack.

“Don’t you dare blame her for this.” she cries, jabbing her finger into Jack’s chest. “It’s not her fault that you decided to cheat on me.”