Chapter 3

After my car broke down, my 'boss' decided to be kind and wanted to give me a lift home. I really wasn't interested in seeing him anymore, especially not after he had fired me. "Thanks for the lift, but I think i'll just take the bus home." I declined. He nodded and walked back into the cafe, looking kinda sad.

I guess Mr Moore does have some sort of crush on me . Within the year that I have been working at the cafe, he has tried asked me out multiple times already. Though, he has yet succeed at his mission.  He is older than me, and not like a year or two, but like 10 years. I don't really think that my papi, wherever he is now, would approve of me dating a guy 10 years older than me. 

But seriously, would you  really fire someone who you have a crush on? Wouldn't you want him/her to be as near as possible to you so that you can get a chance to be with them? I must have been mumbling to myself, cause suddenly I heard someone come up behind me. "You can't blame the dude, the restaurant does still belong to his father. You broke the rules and if he didn't fire you, it would've been unfair to the other servants"

I was startled.I turn around and lo and behold, Stacey was there. "How do you..how did you manage to read my mind?"I stuttered."Your face, your expression, says it all" said Stacey with a smirk beginning to form on her face. I rolled my eyes, which only made her laugh.

"Hey,do you want me to call my boyfriend for you? You know, to help fix your car." Oh shit, I had completely forgotten about my broken car!  I don't really know a lot of repair shops around town, since my car had never broken down before. "Yeah, thanks.I'd really like that" Soon, Stacey took out her mobile phone and began calling her boyfriend.

 After about 30 minutes, a red Mitsubishi Mirage ES had pulled out on the side way.A man who wore a pair of denim jeans and black t shirt walked out from the car carrying a toolbox. He then walked over to where Stacey and I were standing. 

"Hey babe"he smirked as he said those words towards Stacey while wrapping his arm around her waist

"Hey babe"he smirked as he said those words towards Stacey while wrapping his arm around her waist. Stacey then leaned in and gave him a quick peck on the lips."Hey babe"she replied to the man. It was then that she realized that I was staring at her. "Oh sorry Valentina, forgot that you were standing there.Babe this is Valentina, my friend. And Valentina, this is my boyfriend, Marcus". Valentina introduced us and Marcus stuck his hand out for me. 

"Hi, Valentina. Nice to meet you." Marcus said to me while smiling. "Nice to meet you too Marcus"I replied while shaking his hand. "So babe, sorry I had to call you out from the warehouse.But Valentina's car kinda broke down and I was hoping you would be able to help her to fix it" said Stacey towards her boyfriend.Then, they both went to where my car was parked to have a look at it.

I decided to give them both some time alone to check out my car. It was then that I had managed to take a good look at both of them. I've known Stacey for quite some time now and she is definitely a beautiful girl. She is the total opposite of me. She has gorgeous long blonde hair and a pair of blueish-grey eyes that compliment her hair well. She is also around the same age as I am, so we would often have a lot to chat about. 

Her boyfriend wasn't too bad either. He is polite and quite hot. He has dark brown hair, somewhat like mine. He wore sunglasses so I couldn't really see his eyes. Ever since the incident, whenever I am meeting people, I will first notice their eyes. Soon, they both came over to where I  was standing with a sort-of disappointed faces.

"What's wrong? Will I be able to drive my car again?"I asked, wondering what it was that made them look that way. They both looked at each other, not knowing who should answer first. Stacey wanted to answer but was cut off my Marcus." Sorry Valentina, I didn't quite exactly bring the tools with me that I need to use to repair your car. I'll have to bring it back to my workshop. Though, you'll be able to get it tomorrow. Just come her to the cafe and i'll leave the car and keys with Stacey. You can come collect it from her. Sorry though"

"No, it's okay. I understand" I replied to them, trying my best to keep a straight face.Stacey must have somehow read my mind again, and came and comfort me. " Hey sweety, you know I love you right? Cheer up, you'll have your car back by tomorrow and i'll take good care of it for ya. And don't worry, the repair fee is on me. You've had a rough day already" And with those words being said, I instantly felt better.

 I hugged Stacey with all my might. "Thank you so so much. I don't know what i'll do without you" I whispered those words into her ear. Soon, our hug was broken apart by Marcus." Woah there you two, you gotta breath too ya know?" And all Marcus received was a death glare by both Stacey and I after breaking up our hug. 

I looked at my watch and it was already 1 pm. Great, what a great Monday today. "Hey  Valentina,  do you want me to give you a ride home? It is my lunch hour now"asked Stacey. I shook my head,"Its alright Stacey, i'll just walk to the bust stop and catch a ride home"

Although I knew the bus stop is a 10 minute walk, I couldn't let Stacey give me a lift home. She's already done so much for me, I didn't want to become a burden. I gave her one last hug and decided to walk to the bus stop.

Just as I had turn my back to them, Stacey suddenly decided to shout my name " Valentina, wait up!" Her voice took me by surprise and I turned back, wondering what she could have wanted. " Valentina, could you please pass me your phone?" I was confused at her actions and hesitantly took out my phone for her. 

"Oh don't look at me like that. I'm not going to steal your phone. Here, I just wanted to give you my number" With that, she passed me back my phone and I took it back from her. I gave her one last hug and proceeded to go to the bus stop. 

What I didn't know was that what happened later, was going to change my life forever.