Vulnerable Little Girl

Harry's P.O.V

"She said yes!" I said grinning from ear to ear. "Well, not really. Eleanor said yes for her. But that must mean Eleanor knows that Kylie likes me and Kylie was to shy to answer so Eleanor did." I was mostly talking to myself really. 

I couldn't wait. And I hope that Kylie feels the same.

Eleanor's P.O.V

I was running after her and I fell several times. How she could run in high heels, carrying at least six shopping bags, I didn't know. All I knew, was that I had to reach her. It felt like I had been running for hours. When I was finally in the tour bus I stopped to capture my breath, before going to Kylie. 

While walking up the stairs I wonder why Kylie doesn't seem interested in dating guys at all. I found her in Harry's bedroom, leaning against the wall writing something down on paper. "Hey." I say gently closing the door gently. She looked up and said, "Hi." , in a very quiet voice. Sitting down next to her, I ask, "What's that?" She smiled weakly and replied, "My life." I frowned. "Explain."

"This is a song that I'm writing. I'm nearly finished. This is my life, in other words." I took in each and every word she said very carefully. She writes songs. Does that mean that she...

"Do you sing?

She looked up at me in surprise.

"Yes."

"Really?"

"Yeah. But no one really knows that I enjoy singing. And I guess I like keeping it that way."

"But why?"

She suddenly stood up. "I have this invisible shell around my body. The shell helps me act like I don't care about anything. It helps me make everyone think that I'm completely fine and that no one can hurt me no matter how hard they try. But inside the shell lives this vulnerable little girl that's scared of what the future holds for her. Scared of what will happen if she actually tries. This little girl refuses to let anyone love her because she doesn't want her heart to get broken. She backs away from everything and everyone. That little girl is me, clearly. I'm scared, El. It hurts to know I'm always going to be scared of life." 

"You won't feel like this forever, Kylie."

"Can I hear you sing your song?" I ask her eagerly. "I'm not really done." She murmured. "Well, do you know what you were going to write before I - er - interrupted you?" I asked her. "Yeah!" She said cheerfully. 

5 Minutes Later

"Done!" She screamed, causing me to jump. "Great! Can I hear?" I asked her. She nodded and said, "Um, I need a guitar." 

"You can borrow Nialls. He shares a room with Liam, one door away from here." I informed her. My phone suddenly rang and I picked it up. "Hello?" 

"Babe? Is Kylie okay? She seemed kind of mad before she left." Louis said in a anxious voice. Kylie is fine now. Babe, I have to go, bye!" I said to him as Kylie entered the room.

"That was just Louis checking to see if you were okay." She nodded and sat down on the floor.

She began singing and I nearly fell of the bed;

Yeah, yeah, okay...

You say I don't treat you right

I say that you're too uptight

Then we have a stupid fight

I don't mean to hurt you but I do

Break up and I take you back