Chapter 4 (Family)

We slept together until the next morning. I didn't want to make an appearance to the others yet, I don't feel like I'm ready to see them, not after what happened with Az and with Feyre in the room watching. I do feel very bad for what I have done to everyone and I really do wish I didn't do it.

I should have shown Azriel, the none of this would have happened to any of them. Or us.

Good morning dear. Az said through our minds Morning Az I replied and laid my head on his chest adn looked up at him with a smile. "What do you want to eat?" I asked him and tiredly closed my eyes.

"How about we go back upstairs to the others and we can have something together." I told me and I shook me head.

"I'm not ready to go back up, I don't want to do something else stupid." I mumbled to him and felt his hand run through me red locks.

"We don't have to if you wish not to." He replied and kissed my forehead. "I just think that I'm going to make a mistake again, it will affect them and I will have to leave again." I looked up at him and he nodded in agreement.

"Isolating yourself won't help." I sat up and he followed

"I know but if I go back up, they won't welcome me the same way. Or at least not any better then what they did yesterday."

"That doesn't matter, you are from Prythian and you are the queen of Prythian. You shouldn't doubt yourself, just because you have been gone for so long, doesn't mean we think you were terrible or you're the worst. The rest of the Gracen family could have done worse then you." He replied and rubbed my back soothingly as I nodded my head.

"Maybe returning straight away isn't the best idea. I do want to walk around or have time to clear my head." I said softly, I moved and swung my legs over the edge of the bed before stopping. I felt Azriel's hand travel a long my wings and I couldn't move, my body gave up on me.

"Maybe leaving straight away isn't the best idea either." His hand made it around my waist and pulled me back to him. "Your wings will be healed, and staying away from those who hurt you and your wings. Cassian and I can help you find the strength in them again." I nodded and leaned against his body with a sigh.

"That sounds nice, thank you. All I wanted was to leave my sisters because they were going to continue fighting over the throne and I didn't want to be the one sitting there and listening to them." I let Az stroke my hair, it was soothing and made me feel relaxed.

"I want to go outside for a bit, it gets claustrophobic in here sometimes." 

After Azriel finished doing my hair and trying to put it into braid. We left The House Of Wind and walked around Velaris. All I really wanted was to walk around and clear my head, I didn't care what we did down the streets. I just wanted time to be with Az in a peaceful place to recover and talk about the past, how the family has been.

During our walk Az spotted a girl with  light brown hair and a male with black hair. Of course we had to run into them, Feyre and Rhys.

Calm down, your heartbeat is going to fast. I looked up to Azriel's eyes that were looking at me.

I know, but I want to stay away from them. You don't need to hide from them, they are you family.  I turned my head away and looked at where the High lord and Lady were. But they seemed to have disappeared. Only to then feel arms latch on to me then winnowing into my former room.

In the House of Wind my room had less space and more books everywhere. It seemed the same, although it was set up differently.

"You need explaining to do" 

That old voice which belonged to Phys, he was on the end of the bed staring at the floor, with his fingers intertwined with each other. "No I don't"

He then got to his feet and cowered over me like a hawk watching it's mouse. It made me shiver but I stared back at him and held my ground.

"What happened to you?" I lifted an eyebrow in concern to what he was saying. "You were a strong women and you didn't care about everyone. Tell us everything. You were family to us."

I sighed and backed away only to run into another figure who wrapped their arms around me.

"Cora you need to understand. We are all family, including you. Just because you left, doesn't mean we think that you have changed or moved on. We knew we you were going to come back, you couldn't leave little Az behind would you." The tone in Cassain's voice behind me (who had his arms around me), didn't question me but he stated it.

I looked back to Cass and sighed while staring at his smile. "I came back for all of you, because you all mean a lot to me. Both as family and friends, I just felt the need to go and venture. Because the Night Court isn't my only home. All of Prythian is, including the ones we are distant from or are our enemies."

I said softly as I watched Azriel winnow into the room beside us with a smile.

"But Azriel will always bring me home." I smiled back to him as Cass let me go and I gave Az a hug. 

"I just don't want my enemies to interfere with all of you." I looked up to Az that wrapped his arms around my waist.

"We will always be here for you, no matter what the problem is. We are family, and family sticks together." Az replied.

With a kiss