Chapter 3

**Bretts POV**

I texted Meghan, no reply. She didn't reply a lot, and sometimes I worry. She's my best friend, you know? I can't just not worry about her. I decided to leave her alone and text Erin. Maybe meg needed a breather? I really like Erin, maybe even love. It's been 7 months and 3 days. I'm surprised we lasted this long.

Jenna and Meghan helped get me with Erin, and I'm so thankful for it. Erin's the most beautiful girl I've ever seen. I can tell that Meg and Jenna get jealous sometimes but they will always be special to me in a different way Erin is.

I mean I used to have a crush on Jenna then Meghan but I thought of them more as friends, and they liked me back, but that's beyond the point. Meghan thinks no one cares for her, but I do. She's my best friend, why wouldn't I?

I just worry that she's always hurting. Her and nick may not be together, but I can tell he hurts her even if he doesn't talk to her.

One time we were in 7th period and Nick always talked about how he wanted hot girls at this school and Meghan didn't talk for the rest of the period, or the next or the next.

I don't know, I just worry about her.

That's what best friends are for, right?

**The next day**

**Adams POV**

I don't know what hurts more. Seeing Meghan love someone else or seeing her in general.

I'm in love with Meghan, to be honest. She knows I feel something for her, but she kind of pushes me away. Something about her makes me love her more and more each day. I walked into 4th period, along with Brett, Erin, Meghan, Amanda, and the rest were assholes.

Meghan was actually laughing.

You see ever since Nick started blowing her off she's been upset, but maybe she's past that? Or maybe it's just for today.

"Hey, Meghan!"

"Hey!" She smiled, stuffing a piece of peppermint gum in her mouth.

She made it so attractive. I thought she was beautiful. Yeah she may have a little bit of acne, but I, and everyone else in the room have it. She's perfect with or without it, and I just want her to look past the little tiny bumps on her face and focus on what matters.

I love Meghan, and it hurt so damn bad her loving someone else.

**Meghans POV**

I knew about Adam liking me, everyone did. I mean it's sweet but Adams like Brett. Like a really close friend that I tell mostly everything to. I can't jeopardise our friendship with dating him... Plus, he dated my best friend Alexa.

What friend who do that? Date their ex.

We walked to lunch, and a group of guys stared at me, and winked at me. A lot of people say I'm "perfect" and my friends say "every guy likes me." Honestly I'm not perfect and honestly I can't even get the guy that means the most.

Some of my friends even say hurtful things.

About nick.

They say I chase after the guy who doesn't even care about me, and it hurts. Because I would never say that to them. I would give them hope in the guy they like. They don't understand. I don't care about the assholes that like me. Or I do care about some of them like Adam, but most of them just want me for my "looks" or what looks, I want a guy who will like me for who I am.

Tonight was A guy that's part of our group, brant, but doesn't really care to talk to us, party. He has a huge house, and he throws lots of parties. He even has a pool house right next to his inground pool. I hoped nick was coming, because I want to talk to him...