Wonder

Victoria's POV

Chapter-2

Here I lay on my bed rapped in the arms of a prince. I was in wonderland, hoping I wasn't dreaming.

Or was another one of my mother's test. I pushed my body deeper into his. He groaned, and I smirked.

Then I heard it, that voice in the back of my head. It was always crushing my dreams. .You know what mother told you, "Never love,just fake it". It was telling me I made s mistake, how love is pain and evil. When you don't know what something is you look for answers. That's what I'm doing, sort of. I'm looking for answers about love, that I know nothing about.

( her mother talking 👇)

" Where are you?'

"In my room with the prince, why?"

"Are you two getting along just fine?"

" Everything is fine."

After that my mother cut the connection. Like and other person. We had a mind link. Even humans had them, but that another story. I most have fallen asleep with Nick because when I woke up it was pitch black.

Nick was gone, I sat up slowly. Looking around the room. There was no sign of him here. I noticed my balcony door open. I walked closely, stepping into the chilly air. I spotted Nick instantly looking over the rail.

"It's beautiful. Right?" I asked slowly.

"Almost as beautiful as you."

I blushed a deep red and giggled. He pulled me into his arms. I relaxed into his body instantly, u felt safe.

I felt safe, calm, peace, and loved all in one. And all because he gave me a hug.

"Come my dear, I most talk to my parents."

I nodded a followed as he leaded me towards my mother's office.

He opened the door and stepped inside with me hidden behind.

"Mother, Father I would like you to call of the wedding with the vampire family."

"Wait, why?" I thought we talked about this, you would have more power."

His mother all but yelled.

"Who is more powerful a vampire or a witch?" he asked.

"Never mind, don't answer.

I'll still pick my mate."

His mother looked shocked then jumped up and hugged her son.

Then she pushed him aside and looked at me. A smile danced across her face.

"Thank God she's beautiful!

The Vampire Princess was in an accident."

I looked at my mother to fine a smiled has taken over her face. Tears brimmed her eyes.

She stepped from around her desk and motioned for me.

I stood in front of the women that gave birth to me. As she gave me the one thing she stopped doing, when I hit the age of five.

She gave me a

-

-

Hug.