Chapter 1

I was never like the others at my school. I didn't have fancy cars or expensive clothes. I grew up with one parent one income. My mom tried her best to keep us on our feet, sometimes we didn't have food in the house but that was okay I knew things were tough since she was only one person. I went to a snobby school, the only reason I was able to stay there is because I was offered a scholarship based on my very good athletic and grades. I was an outcast, a foreigner I couldn't have been any happier when graduation came, I didn't have to spend a second more with those kids. 

         I'm 25 now and I live on my own in new york, but still travel to see my mom and make sure shes doing okay every other Sunday. I had a pretty decent job until I got laid off. I know that if I don't find a job soon i'll loose my apartment, I really liked my apartment it reminded me off a smaller version of home. I didn't want my mom finding out about this but she did anyways and forced me to take her money to pay off some overdue bills. She told me don't make the same mistakes she did. I found a job that was as a personal Secretary. I mean I personally wouldn't want to spend my life working underneath someone else but.

*buzz buzz buzz* 

"Hello?" 

"Um.. Pizza delivery for 28 west cottage street?" a foreign accent said into the phone.

"Yeah, i'll be right down" I grabbed my wallet and put my slippers on. I took the stairs down to the main door. 

"Here you go $15.75.. Keep the change" I smiled and grabbed the pizza box and drink from him. I closed the door and turned to go up the stairs.

"Why hello Eliza"  Mr. Clan smiled at me

"Hello, Mr. Clan, have a nice night" I didn't want to be rude but I was hungry and I didn't want the pizza to get cold. 

"You too" He called out continuing to walk down the hall with his cane. Poor man, his wife died a year ago and he was all alone now. I opened the door to my apartment settling down in front of the TV. I flicked through the channels, finally settling on watching Major crimes. I ate slowly and watched TV letting the silence sink in through the house.

*buzz buzz buzz*

I put my pizza down and picked up my phone, a new email. I clicked the email and opened it.

Hello Eliza,

I know this is very inconvenient but I am responded to your email about my personal assistant offer I put up early last month, if it wasn't any trouble it would be great if you could come in tomorrow around one o'clock. If this is too inconvenient I understand. 

Sincerely, 

William Parker 

I quickly responded to the email telling him it was fine and I would see him at one. I texted my mom telling her about the good news, even though I know she wouldn't be up. Now that i have a job interview tomorrow a good night sleep is very much needed.