Plans of Both Sides (Chapter 33)

Vada laughs as the girl in the shadows tells her what happens.

"You should've seen the look on their faces when I combined their shadows together! It was hilarious!" The girl laughs.

"It really is! Oh, you totally take after me. Even if we aren't related," Vada laughs along, patting the seat next to her. "So what's bothering you? Did someone say something? If it was-"

"It wasn't Becky, Beth, Emily or Emma...I just...I don't know if I can really bring myself to um...ya know...betray them..." the girl's voice trails off.

"Oh honey...I know I'm asking for such a hard thing..." Vada watches as the girl sits down next to her. She leans her head against Vada's shoulder as Vada gently rubs the girl's arm.

"I don't want you to stay here forever though...I wanna go out and have ice cream with you and the others and maybe even go shopping..." the girl looks up at Vada.

"Woah, you wanna go shopping? That's a first...now we've really gotta get outta here," Vada holds the girl close. "Gah you're a teenager...you've been a teen and I still can't believe it."

"Haha me neither...but I don't know if I can..." the teenage girl looks down at her hands.

"Listen. If you can't do it, then don't do it. All I ask is that you keep them with you, and if you don't want to then that is okay as well...I'll be fine so don't worry so much honey, okay?" Vada smiles softly at the teen.

"Mom...what would I do without you?" The girl stays close to Vada.

"Well, I know you're going to end up with the other Elemental Masters because that's where you're meant to be...and so, I know that Ku will take good care of you if I were to no longer be with you..." Vada looks at the Family Relics.

"Nope. I'm staying with you mom. No matter what happens, there's no way I could be with those guys...right?" The teen starts to question herself.

"You feel a connection with them no?" Vada feels the movement of her head saying 'yes.' "Then there's nothing more to it. You're a good mage at heart honey and that is what makes us so different..."

"Not at all! You're good too! You still care about your brother and go out of your way to make sure we don't hurt him...or anyone else for that matter..." the teen looks at Destruction's leader in disbelief.

"Yeah, but I've stopped for caring about mages honey...I'm not sure how much I still even care about Ku..." Vada's voice fills with sadness.

"Stop fooling yourself! Honestly mom, you have got to kidding me 'cause you ain't fooling nobody," The teen rolls her eyes.

"Haha you can see right through me..." Vada looks down at her hands.

"We all can. Just as I can bet that Sensei Ku can as well. He knows you and I'm sure he doesn't want to hurt you..." the teen looks anxiously at Vada.

"And I don't want to hurt him...argh, this is something between adults I really don't want you to have to hear what I say to him when we see each other," Vada chuckles lightly.

"Why? You gonna tell him off for not agreeing with you?" The teens chuckles along.

"Haha if only it were only that..." Vada's chuckle fades off. "Ah, you should go train with the others...I'm going to think."

"Do I have to?" The teen blends into the shadows.

"Yes, now go, I want you to become strong. Stronger so that you won't regret like I do," Vada looks at her with a strong gaze.

"Alright. If you say so..." the girl sighs and then disappears.

Vada watches as the shadows go back to their still, lifeless selves. She sighs, clamping her hands together. The dark haired woman rests her chin on her hands, leaning forward and thinks.