The Naked Truth

(Via's POV)

Beam me up,
Let me be lighter, I'm tired of being a fighter, I think,
A minute's enough,
Beam me up
Beam me up
Beam me up
Could you beam me up🎶

After going through my favorite sad songs, I played some random chords and felt my fingers hurt.

Noticing my empty beer cans and I realized there are about two cans left. Feeling a bit tipsy, I opened one of it with clumsy fingers.

"Hey, Via you're rustic now.. you're older, too plain, too jaded and you even get drunk too easily.. Where did you hide the strong Via who can spend the entire night drinking?" I muttered to myself.

Yes, I was angry and frustrated with myself. I am also to blame for my ruined relationship. I became too predictable and I may have set my standards too high that I was not contented with what Jon can give. I think I am also frigid.

Groaning, I lay down the blanket and stared at the sky. Fumbling with my phone, and taking a deep breath, I typed a simple message.

"Thank you for all the memories. But I can never go back to you again. I'm sorry."

Then I played some music on the speaker again and I sang along while staring at the clear sky and majestic moon. I let the music and the night share my despair and relief. It's officially over, and I don't even feel the slightest regret.

I am now free. Finally..

Finishing my last can of beer, I felt too hot and restless to lie down and sleep.

Then I suddenly remember my bucket list - Skinny dipping..

This is the perfect time to do it, on this secluded beach, alone and free.

There were a lot of times I attempted to do it and even dared my friends to do it with me. But I always chicken out since all previous attempts happen to be on very public beaches.

I slowly stood up and raised the hem of my white flowing dress and took it off. Dropping the rest of my bikini on top of the dress, I am now naked under the moonlight.

Approaching the crashing waves, I smiled to myself and secretly congratulated myself for being so brave.

"You are back to your crazy and brave self Via." I say to myself before taking a deep breath and diving underwater.

The cold water hit me and refreshed my soul.

I am now healing.. and I will now be responsible for my own happiness.

I emerged from my swim and floated while looking at the moon. When I heard the loud crash in the water, I thought the current may be getting too strong, hence the loud noise.

Better make the most of it, so I took another deep breath and dived underwater. Just before I decided to swim back to the shore after my long drive, a pair of hands grabbed me by the waist.

(B.I's POV)

I woke up with a start.

A loud crash in the water interrupted my short slumber.

The beer I was holding apparently slipped from my hand and is now  soaking the hem of my shorts.

"Tsk, pabo. How can you sleep with a beer in hand? Yahh ottokaji..." I whispered to myself. Careful not to make more sound, I brushed off my shorts and looked towards the Strange Girl's direction.

And found her spot empty.

Her blanket, guitar, and bag are still there, and even the scented candle.

I took a few steps near her spot and looked around. Still no trace of her..

"Damn it, odi gaesaeyo?.." I decided to completely check and found her phone a meter away from the blankets..

A normal person cannot go anywhere without their phone right?

Then I remember her sad eyes and her pained expression while singing. She sounds so desperate and crestfallen.. Could it be?..

"Sulma.." the loud crash in the water that woke him.

"Andwe, andwe.." breaking into a quick sprint to the shore and I spotted a floating figure a few meters away..

Without hesitation, I dived into the water and swam like crazy. As I emerged to gasp for air, I saw her body slowly sink into the water..

Finally reaching her, I  immediately grabbed her by the waist and swam towards the shore.

But the body suddenly went thrashing about and was punching me repeatedly.. Daebak, she's strong, and I never thought a girl can punch like a man. That hurts, and thanks to her, I unnecessarily drank saltwater while trying not to get us both killed.

She's not dead, thank God.. But why is she acting violently to the person that saved her life?.

"Arggghh.. who are you?.let me go!" She cried while coughing up water, I let go of her waist when we reached the part of the shore wherein our toes touch the sand beneath.

"Neo micheoseo? I just saved your life young lady.. And why would you even take your own life?" with that, I marched towards the shore.

The sound of splashing water confirmed she's following me behind.

"Wait! Who do you think you are?".. her shrill voice rang in my ears..

God, this girl is so loud and this is not helping the water that got into my ears. I can't believe this is the same girl with the angel's voice I heard. I needed to get off the water and shake off the ringing in my ears.

When I looked back, I was faced with something unimaginable.

A woman seething in anger and in a rather surprising state.. of undress.

My jaw dropped and my mind went blank..

Come on, talk about getting the shock of your life...

(Via's POV)

Too shocked and scared, I shouted underwater and thrashed violently. My lungs burning from the saltwater I inhaled, I broke out of the water coughing while punching the creature that's gripping my waist so tightly.

"Kumanhe,. Jebal.. you'll get both of us killed..." the man seems to be an alien muttering gibberish and maybe telling me the ways he will end my life..

But wait, he said jebal? Like the Korean word? So this guy is not an alien?

When we finally reached the shallow part of the water, I was coughing non-stop.

"Neo micheoseo? I just saved your life young lady..  And why would you even take your own life?" the guy yelled then abruptly turned back to return to the shore..

And he's got the nerve to act chivalrous and mad for wasting his time when he ruined the fulfillment of my bucket list. And who the hell did he think he is.. 

Totally forgetting that I am as naked as the day I was born, I screeched, "Hey wait!.."

I only got to remember I'm naked and a total moron, when he turned around and dropped his jaw.  Wait...! The guy is so familiar. OMG, he's B.I's doppelganger at the airport.

"Oh my God, the Father Almighty.. I am so fvcked." I cried out loud before jumping back to the water.