Deep Talks and Rose Paths

(Via's POV)

It's already been a week since my world turned upside down and my lucky stars granted me a wonderful gift.

We've spent each day together and fell asleep and wake up in each other's arms. We had a lot of fun getting to know each other and exploring the entire island. From scuba diving, snorkeling to jet skiing, then we hiked and even did volunteer works. We cook meals for each other and go on date nights at some of the restaurants downtown or just chilling at the beach.

He's an attentive and thoughtful boyfriend, but a bit of a scaredy-cat when it comes to extreme sports. I ended up cliff diving alone when he bailed on me at the last minute of jumping, so he ended up as my photographer.

Too bad I don't have my phone with me so I just treasure each moment carefully and use my old camera. B.I is a great photographer though and takes pretty good candid shots. I fancy the camera that probably costs much more than my trusty old DSLR. But I love the old thing since we went through a lot of memories together and it captured beautiful shots of Hanbin's different moods and expressions.

Earlier today, we coordinated with a local foundation that was established after the super typhoon Haiyan. We spent an entire day traveling from one elementary school to another, for a feeding program. We prepared the meals together with the other volunteers, fed the kids, and played with them as we teach them the importance of eating healthy. B,I took a lot of shots and clearly enjoyed playing with the kids, he even danced with them when I played Bling, Bling thru my portable speaker.

And now, we're currently on the way back to the hotel and my beautiful quail is now asleep leaning on my shoulder while holding my hand. He's definitely into a lot of skinship and always makes sure I am standing within arms reach. He likes to brush his hands against mine and always wants to lean on my shoulder when standing.

The van reached the gate of our resort just as BI opened his eyes.

"We're here Hanbin-ah. Gaja.." I got up and pulled him out of the van. And since he's half asleep, I dragged him to his villa and let him sleep a bit more on the sofa while I get us some dinner.

I decided on making seafood pasta marinara, and pan-grilled steak. And since B.I's still sleeping, I made some graham cake with the sweet Philippine mangoes he liked so much.

It was when I'm about to put them in the freezer, I heard some shuffling sound and before I close the refrigerator, his arms are around me.

"I'm sorry for falling asleep on you. Mianhe,." his words are muffled when he talked with his lips pressed against my shoulders.

"It's okay. And I always know what a sleepyhead you are. The dinner's ready so you should wash up now while I go get my overnight bag from my villa." I kissed his cheek and tapped it twice before heading off.

As I walk alone, I remember each night spent with him since the day we agreed to be in a relationship.

We always end up sleeping together at his villa. However, we haven't rushed each other into anything more than deep kisses, wandering hands, and warm embraces. We were both inexperienced and I am honestly afraid of the uncertainty after this island.

But feeling his heartbeat next to mine has been my new sleeping pill and I'm afraid I got used to falling asleep on his arms. And I don't know what will become of me once we part ways after this vacation. We agreed to do the long-distance thing, but I can't shake off the feeling that something may go wrong at any moment.