MY

20TH FEBRUARY, 2020.

🌹NATHAN🌹

~KNOCK KNOCK~

The knock on the door suddenly jolted me awake. At first, I thought it was a dream, but when the person kept banging the door, I realised it's time to wake up.

"Wake up man," I heard Jay say just outside my door.

Jay Vixen has been my childhood friend since 7. We grew up doing almost the same thing, and we've been together since then. I established the N&V company and after a serious persuasion, he finally accepted to be my PA.

"You suck," I said, trying to get hold of my phone.

10:20am? 20 missed calls from Jay?

I froze!

I had a business deal to sign off by 9:00am and I've been on bed till now?

"Nathan, open up." Jay yelled this time causing me to jump off from bed and rushed to the door.

I know I'm in for a huge loss this time and Jay was sure going to scold me as I deserve. To everyone I'm the boss, but in reality Jay is.

Opening up, he gave me that killer look that could send me to my early grave and I knew if he had the chance, he would give me a hard knock out in the face.

He swept pass me moving to the window.

"Thanks to you we lost just another client to that witch." He raised his voice at me.

I was shocked. I ran my right hand through my hair not able to get hold of myself.

I lend on the wall to support my shaking body. The news got me feeling like I've got no bones left in me. "You would have done something or reschedule it at least. He was our last hope."

Jay backed me without saying a word.

"Say something, man." I yelled out of frustration. I'm not pleased with the quiet attitude he's giving off.

Thanks to that posh bint, I'm now in a business oblivion.

"Get in there and freshen up. There might be a way to sort out this whole mess." He turned to face me. He looked a bit calmer than when he first walked in.

"How do you mean?" I moved away from the wall, walking few steps closer to him.

"I fixed a meeting with the witch. It's by 12:00pm and you have no other choice than to accept," he said, wearing a serious face.

Is he serious? How could he even think of making a deal with that devil?

"I'm not going to give in to her demands. Never!" I said in disapproval.

"You have no other choice. Get in there and get ready. We're leaving in 30 minutes," he said storming out of the room.

I'm out of my depth, all thanks to her. Facing her now will be like I've accepted defeat but I need to save my company at all cost. If making a deal with my worst enemy will help save it, then I will.

I trotted into the bathroom for a quick shower.

🌹KATHY🌹

I felt terribly jaded after working all morning. I just left the meeting room few minutes ago and decided to take a break. Though I still have one more appointment before I call it a day. But it's with my biggest rival.

That jerk! I'll make sure he'll be under me begging for my mercy cause that's all he deserves.

~Knock Knock~