Light In The Dark

I left my workplace early in the morning, It was starting to rain and I had to get some 'jobs' done. Private jobs. They'd come with great rewards, I would make sure of it. I'd come back to the workplace soon, after a few days. I have to let the corpses rot away and release all the beautiful smells trapped inside those prisons of bodies.  The rain trickled down my face as I walked towards my car that was parked not too far away from the woods, but far enough not to cause suspicion. I knew what I was doing, I was ahead of them, I've had decades to prepare my methods. Many decades.

The door creaked as I entered my apartment, The corridor greeted me with a familiar cream yellow as it frowned through the cracks in the wallpaper. The wood floor had been cleaned recently so it stood out amongst the other assets of the house.  Opening the blinds, my eyes adjusted to the new found light of the sky. Bright but with no sun in sight. 

My hand caressed the walls as my feet dragged me up the stairs towards the bathroom.  The door opened smoothly as the lock on the inside was put to use. Placing my towel down I let my hands work for me, unzipping and unbuttoning any articles of clothing. My hands tossed the clothes in a basket as I placed myself in the bathtub. The warm water clung to my skin and relaxed my mind as thoughts began to shower in about my deep desires. I could feel myself floating away into my dreams, I closed my eyes where they were met with darkness, contrasting to the white themed bathroom. I let myself drift off for a bit, my mind was free to roam and my thoughts were able to come out to play.

My eyes opened harshly, I took a few seconds before my eyes were adjusted to the bright white tiles. A sigh escaped my lips as I swayed my hand in the water slightly. Upon looking down I was greeted by a cool red water, I scanned my body until I found a gash appear. I thought back whilst subconsciously surveying the room. My attention was suddenly caught as I was met with my trousers. A metal surface shone in the light, I sighed realizing I had taken it with me all way from the workhouse.