A Surprise Update Chapter For Eid

Her POV

Eid. It was Eid.

After a lengthy Ramadan of fasting, Eid had come. For many people, the fight over the moon sighting was only in speech. For me, I had a shining reminder right on my face after arguing with him about it.

The month of Ramzan is a moth of Mercy though, so I forgave him. I prayed for him, even if he didn't pray for himself. Throughout the month, he didn't care about fasting or praying. If I woke him up for suhoor, he strangled me with the blanket and told me not to disturb his sleep. He was very important and his position as CEO of Ambiguous Co was very important, he needed his rest. When i advised him to go for taraweeh, he only replied "Why should I pray? I don't care about that because I prayed everyday for my mom to be brought back to life and Allah didn't bring her back so I don't care to pray to Him anymore."

I knew he didn't mean it. He was hurting. And even if some scholars regard the person who doesn't pray as having left Islam, I knew I had to remain with him as a patient Muslim wife. I owed it to him. He had suffered so much.

On the day of Eid, he brought me a pair of $600 sunglasses to cover my blackeye. He's so thoughtful. I knew I had to repay him somehow.

After fajer (morning prayer) I got redy for Eid. He said he would be going with some old friends and that if I wanted to go to Eid I needed to find my own way. I was dressed and ready to go, but I had to watch longingly from the window with tears in my eyes as he drove away in a limo with his six friends and their girlfriends. He looked nice in his super fancy italian 3-piece suit. And the smirk he had when he met his friends soothed my heart.If only he would smile to me like tht. Someday, i told myself. "someday."

_______

His POV

Eid. Why did it have to be Eid?

It was the worst day of the year for me, because it ws once the best day. I used to be happy on Eid. But that was before.

In my childhood, Eid was the most biggest celebration in my family. We would rent out hotels and party from sunrise to midnight, and from midnight to sunrise. I got ll the best gifts. iPhones, a new car, pet tiger, a helicopter. My mom would always scrape together her savings to make sure we had a good time. But my dad...

Eid was his strict day. He made sure everything ran by schedule. We had to brush our teeth at 5:18am until 5:20am. We were all showered and dressed by 6am. We would go to pray, then sit in the car while he talked and smoked for an hour. Then, right when we wanted to ask for our gifts, he would shout us to be quiet and stop ruining his Eid, then he'd drop us off at home nd go to work.

There were some old uncles who would stop by to give us Eid money. But I hated them. Their fingers smelled like sweaty hotdogs and their hands had liverspots. Plus, who the heck where they to give US money? We're not poor! W e could bye their hole lifes and the retirement homes they lived in and close it juts for fun if we wanted! Stupid men. And they had beards. I know how much beards are detested by readers of this genre, except some stubble, so i keep a 5 o'clock shadow and that's it, because beards are gross.

Anyways, Eid was the best. And then mom died. The day she died, dad celebrated with a hooker. My brother beat me up for crying and told me mom never loved me anyways so why should i care about her? But I didn't belief it. I had to protect my sister, so i worked out to get my glorious washboard abs and be strong for us both.

That was the night I joined the gang, Fire Fists. They were going to kidnap my sister, but when i beat them all up myself, they took her hostage and forced me to join them or else I'd never see her again. I joined and became the leader.