Chapter 1

Artemis is a four year old girl who ran away from her abusive parents. She was beaten everyday since she was one. Her parents always said not to go into the forest because of all the animals that could kill her. By the time she was four her mind was that of a twelve year old being able to speeak, read, write and do both math and science at the 6th grade level. Whenever she got fed up with the beatings she would run into her room and hide under her bed to what she called her den. Where she would get some peace. Then on April 18, 2007 she saw her chance and in the middle of the night she ran into the woods thinking she would be safer there. She ran into the forest for what felt like five hours and by then she was to tired to find a sleeping spot. She slept on a mound of moss covering rocks and slept until she heard growling. When she opened her eyes all she saw was teeth and all she heard was growling. She knew that there was a wolf in front of her and she knows how to deal with wolves. She slowly turned onto her back as to not set off it's instincts to lunge and kill her. When she was on her back she lifted her chin up exposing her neck silently telling the wolf that she summits and mean no harm. Luckily this wolf was just protecting her den after finding out she just lost all of her pups but one. The female wolf decided to spare Artemis and soon Artemis became tolerated around the pack with the help of the wolf mother she named Moon. She grew up with the only survivor of the litter a black pup with a white spot on its snout that looked like a crescent moon now named Luna.