Chapter 2

Artemis had to prove that she could be part of the pack so she went off hunting alone to prove herself little did she know her life was going to change. When she was hunting for deer she saw a stone jutting out of the ground. It seemed to be calling to her. When she walked up to the rock and touched it but as she touched it she cut her finger, when the blood from her finger touched the stone there was a blinding light she closed her eyes then when the light ebbed she slowly opened her eyes and saw what looked like a goddess with a crown of moonphases and a silver silk dress. Artemis knew she had to do somthing so she went on one knee with her head down she keeled still not staying a word. The glowing woman in frount ok her just giggled and introduced herself "Dear child, I an the Goddess of the moon and wolves you do not need to bow" the goddess said, slowly Artemis off her knees. "Dear child, the little wolf has been wishing to speak with you so I shall bestow upon you a trinket that will help you, though I have a question for you," the goddess said. The girl just nodded, "The trinket that I shall bestow upon you is a piece of jewelry, what would you want?" The girl thought of what she wanted, then she knew. "I would like a leather anklet please," the girl said shyly. "My dear, you could have had a 20 carrot gold crown lined with diamonds, why would you want something as dull as leather?" The moon goddess asked. "I'm not into shiny things, I just want to be accepted in the pack," the girl stated, still shy. And with a smile the moon goddess gave her a leather ankle with a stone in the middle in the shape of a wolf head. "Child this piece of jewelry will give you heightened senses, you will be faster and stronger, you will be able to understand your pack, and you wil have the instincts of the wolf. This anklet will have be worn down or break," The goddess said happily. "Thank you great Moon Goddess," Artemis said. After Artimes put the anklet on, the moon goddess disappeared. Artimes felt a strange power. Then everything changed about her, she felt like she belonged in this forest, her forest, her home. She knew what she had to do, so she went hunting.