Chapter 1- Waking to Destruction

I awoke in a dark, dripping cave. It was almost creepy, until I remembered what it was. Well, in fact, it was the only memory I had. As a drop of pure, clear water hit my hand, the memory ran through my head again. This memory. The very one I was living. I had no idea where...who I was...I stumbled out of the cave on to a desolate beach with a blood stained chessboard in the middle of it. I heard yelling and cheering coming from a coliseum to my left. I began limping towards it, all the while wondering who I was...

I came closer to the coliseum and was approached by a very tall man. He didn't speak. He just looked at me. I realized he was staring at the blade that was strapped to my side, so I drew it and showed it to him. Dark tentacles appeared from behind him and he took the sword and his hands, and he replaced it with a knife made entirely out of a black metal. I took it and entered the coliseum as her disappeared.      

I walked in on a battle between five participants. One was a shirtless man with long dark hair and pale skin. He was throwing electrified punches at a red haired man with a red broadsword. Each attack was blocked and effectively countered. The crowd erupted into cheers every time the pale man got cut, but he seemed to enjoy it even more than them. On the other side, I saw a man made entirely out of shadows with bright red eyes attacking a hooded man in a white coat. The hooded man seemed not to have a weapon and every time the shadowy guy hit him, feathers and blood were scattered. There was also another hooded person in the corner with a scythe. He seemed to be badly bleeding. I stood on the sidelines and watched things unfold, each man taking on his own opponent.

"Well folks, it seems we have a new competitor with us today. Redex, Nega...take him down!" The red haired man and the pale guy looked up at a lavish looking man standing in the bleachers and replied, "Yes, lord Kajex."

The two charged at me and I began to draw that knife that I was given, but the man with a scythe jumped in front of me. He quickly sliced the pale man and took off most of his hair. He began to go for another but was impaled by whom I assume is Redex. I was horrified by all the blood, and for reason, my heart broke seeing the man with a scythe in so much pain. I felt an arm grab me and I flew into the air thanks to the hooded man. We flew away, but not before Redex threw his victim's scythe at us and hit one of the hooded man's wings.

We struggled to fly and we had to set down on the beach in front of the cave. I helped the hooded man, who was now badly bleeding, into the cave and set him down. I sat down as well and looked around. The cave had become somewhat brighter now...

"I knew you'd wake up soon, Jake. We have to rescue the others...Kajex has poisoned them. They've become...why are you looking at me like that?" I had no idea what he was talking about. I don't even quite remember who I was. 

"Here, take this. Kajex each gave us one to increase our strength. Your memories make us stronger, and with you asleep and without your memories, this is all we had." He pulled out a pure white diamond and handed it to me. I held it in my hands and then memories rushed through my head of a white angel who has been with me for a while, who has saved me from many things...an angel I love...the diamond became part of the cave and I now remembered who I was, and who he was...

"Cross...is it really you?" He pulled back his hood and showed his face to me.

"Yes, Jake, it really is. Now, we have to save the others. Let's go..." I helped him up, but he seemed a lot stronger since I regained my memories of him. We walked out of the cave and came face to face with the man who saved me before.