Chapter 2- Simple Addition

"It's you. I can't believe you escaped! You can help us with this! What's your name?" 

"Ad...dam...Addam..."

"Jake, get out of there!!" I heard Cross yell out to me, and I watched him try swing his scythe at me. I had no time to react, and Cross decided to jump in front of me and take the hit. The slash went deeply into his back and I could see the pain in his eyes. I couldn't bear to see him in more pain, so I threw that black knife at Addam's face. He tried to dodge, but it was able to hit him between the eyes. He stumbled, and Cross was able to get off of the scythe. He formed a sword made of ice in his hands and took a few slashes at Addam, but his opponent didn't seemed phased. 

"Y-you're...ice...it's cold. Like his heart..." He pulled the knife from his head and threw it back to me. It hit me over my chest, but it bounced off. I looked down and realized there was a spot on my body covered in ice. Cross must have put it there to protect me. I picked up the knife and looked at the two combatants. Cross was eloquently fighting Addam with his ice sword...but no matter what, it seemed like Addam was waiting for something. I continued to watch, and then I saw something shining. Attached to a chain on his leg was a shining amber stone. I knew what I had to do.

I ran closer to him and waited for my moment. Cross continued to bombard him with attacks of ice. I hoped he continued this useful distraction. Every moment that I got the chance, I inched evercloser to that chain. Cross must have seen me, but with him noticing, Addam saw me too. He turned to me and charged. I put my guard up, but Cross was faster than Addam and sent a spear of ice flying into Addam's chest. While he was weakened, I grabbed his jewel and felt it resonate with me. I began to remember everything, and Addam began to change. He become much less feral and I was able to remember his name.

"You sure can put up a hell of a fight, Plus..." 

"It seems everything is coming back to me now. Once they caught me, I lost all my memories and became a feral emotion. I'm glad you saved me." He began to recount all that he remembered from when I was asleep...

"All I remember is a guy coming out to greet us during one of our training days. He called himself 'Kajex'. I thought he was just someone you met that would be our new gate keeper...but then he began to enslave us. I wish I remembered more, but the next thing I knew, he threw the six of us into a coliseum and had us fight."

"Six of you?"

"Yeah, Cross, Redex, Nega, Itna, and myself. There was one other guy, but he somehow escaped. We have to go free the others. For some reason, I don't think that those are their real names or personalities."

"You're right, we can go together!"