six feet OVER

"Our love is six feet under I can't help but wonder if our grave was watered by the rain, would roses bloom, would roses bloom." El sang one of her favorite songs while sitting on the couch in her cabin, playing the guitar Mike gave her for Christmas one year.

"They're playin us out, laying us out tonight. And all of these clouds, crying us back to life." She sang beautifully, not realizing that Mike was right outside the door, listening to her angelic voice.

As El finished the song, Mike finally decided to knock on the door.

"Shit!" El whispered to herself. She unlocked the door with the flick of her hand and Mike opened the door.

"You. Are. Amazing." He said as he walked over to the couch and sat down, emphasis on every word.

El blushed bright red as he said that, lowering her head with a little smile.

"How long were you out there?" El asked, not really wanting to know the answer.

"Well I walked up to the door as I heard you start that song and I knocked, but you didn't hear me so I just listened to you. Your voice is beautiful." Mike stated so simply that it seemed like a straight-up fact, not his opinion.

"I don't like my singing...I'm just practicing with the guitar mostly." El said with her head down, embarrassed that Mike heard her.

Mike lifted her chin up gently so that she was looking at him and turned to the side so that he was facing her.

"Look. You can do whatever you want in your life. Singing, playing guitar, writing books, fuck I don't know, working in an office for 20 years. It doesn't matter, because its YOUR LIFE.  And I want you to be happy living it. So sing if you want to, but don't sing if you don't want to. Just know that your voice is better than anyone's I've ever heard by a long-shot." Mike said with one hand on her waist and the other cupping her cheek gently.

El looked as his face to see a boy that truly loved her and wanted her to be happy. His eyes said everything El wanted to hear.

Mike leaned forward slowly, his face getting more red with each inch closer to her face.

Finally his soft lips touched hers gently, but El knew what was happening and leaned in. The kiss lasted only a few seconds but felt like a lifetime.

Mike leaned out and looked at her pretty doe eyes.

El stared at his freckled face, unsure what to think of the beautiful boy sitting in front of her. The only thing she could think about him was her love for him.

The song she sang was the exact opposite of her feelings for him. Their love wasn't dead, it was truly alive in both of them.

Forever.

A/N
Ewewewewew sucky ending ewwwww

Idk why I decided to have El sing a Billie Eilish song I just really like Billie Eilish sooo

Ok I don't really have anything to say except OMG MY BEST FRIEND SINGS "MY BOY" BY BILLIE EILISH SO FREAKING GOOD SHE SOUNDS LIKE BILLIE IM CONFUSED WHAT IS LIFE.

Also the statue David has a thicc booty and I really wanted to put a pic that I got of his moose caboose on here but it wont load so fml.

Ok imma go now its BEKFAST TIME

k bye
-Sage