First day

Siennas pov
-
-
-
Its 7:00 am on a Monday and even though i went to be early last i still feel like i got no sleep at all.  I'm just way too nervous for today. I just moved from NYC to California a couple of weeks ago. It's nothing like NYC but i can get used to it. But now i have to start my sophomore year with no friends in a completely new place. I tried to convince myself that this was a good thing because i would be able to get a fresh new start, which did work at first, but got old after a while and now I'm back to being nervous asf.

I hop out of bed fast so i don't have to hear my mother yell to wake me up. It irritates the shit out of me. I head over to my dresser and begin to pick out a casual but nice look. Just a simple T-shirt and jeans. But then i change my mind and decide to put on a sundress that shows off my figure more. Maybe if i look nice people will want to be my friend. At least that's what I'm hoping.

After I'm finished getting dressed i head over to my mirror to start on my hair. I pull my hair up into a high ponytail and gel it down so it's nice and slick. My hair is so thick and curly it's really so hard  to manage at times.

Once my hair is finished i spray some sweet smelling perfume on. It smells like vanilla and always smells sooo good. I begin to head down stairs to the kitchen. I smell the sweet smell of pancakes on the stove. My mother and my three other siblings are already seated at the table waiting on my father to finish up the food.

"Did you hear about Amy's son? He was caught kissing a boy after school." My mother says in an attempt to start a conversation.
"Yes, i feel bad for him. I'm sure that's not how he wanted his family to find out,"my father responded.
"I wish the best for him." My mom says.
My parents are very accepting of gay people. Which is interesting because they both comes from places where homosexuality is looked down on. But it's great for me cuz I'm gay asf. I just don't know how to tell them yet.

My dad passes us each a plate with pancakes. I devour it quickly and  run upstairs to brush my teeth so i can get to school on time.

"Have a great day !!" My dad yells out as i rush out the door.
•••••
I walk into the school building around 8:15 am  and begin to look around for the main office. It was early and not many people were in the halls yet but i was still really lost. I felt a tap on my shoulder and i turned around. I saw a guy who was maybe about 6 feet tall, brownskin, white teeth and waves. I smile awkwardly as he just stares for a second.

"Do you need help getting around? You seem lost."
"Yes i do," i chuckle. "I'm new here."
"No, really?" He says I'm a sarcasticly.
He walks me to the main office pretty slow because we had a lot of time before our first class(i thought school started at 8:30 but it really started at 9:00. Ls)
"I'm Josiah," he says.
"Sienna"

When we get there the man at the desk hands me my schedule. He tells me to wait because there was someone assigned to show me around. Josiah waits with me until they come.
"So how do you like Cali so far?" He asks.
"I mean it's fine i guess. A lot warmer than New York in this time of year. The people seem okay so you can say i like it here."
"I'm just okay?" Josiah exclaimed. He was joking i think but there seemed to be some seriousness behind it.
"i mean you seem like a great person but i just don't know you that well." I hope he wasn't offended. He gives a reassuring smile.

A girl begins to walk toward me and Josiah.
She smiles at Josiah and was like wassup. She's like an inch or two taller than me. She's lightskin with short hair blond hair and finger waves. She looks some me up and down, licks her lips and smiles at me. I'm just sitting there staring at her then i noticed she smiled. I smile back but I'm kinda embarrassed, i think she noticed me staring. She's soo fine.
"Hi I'm Saiyr, I'll be showing you around," she said with a friendly grin. My heart was beating so fast, i was at a loss for words. "Thanks " i say.